Possibility or Paranoia

NBC was also extremely conservative in calling states. I think they called Arizona yesterday. They are right there with CNN.

1 Like

Also because law firms are responding to public pressure and bailing out - they don’t want to have the reputation of trying to play a part in these shenanigans

Then there would be no posts, because thread title.

Um, as was his whole presidency. No reason to stop now. And it won’t stop after his presidency is ended.

also meaning no two states flipping can overturn the election

I think the current SCOTUS (including the Trump picks) is Just. If they don’t uphold democracy, nobody will. I trust the military, the legislative branch, and the people themselves far less.

That said I don’t think it’s paranoid to worry. He’s never been a very effective or motivated monster, but plenty of real people are willing to follow him to hell.

Best eyes on the internet think flipping California would drop Biden well below 270. Trust me, no chance California flips.

Welcome, glad to have you.

2 Likes

Well, no two that turned out to be close anyway. If 37 EVs flipped that would send it to the House/Senate, who would pick Trump/Pence.

Closest Biden states by percent:
GA (16): 0.28%
AZ (11): 0.32%
WI (10): 0.63%
PA (20): 0.93%

Every other state that Biden won he carried by more than 1%. So no, any 2 of those aren’t enough… he needs 3 of those or to flip something else where Biden had a bigger margin of victory.

Incidentally, I just noticed that Fox still hasn’t called GA. They’ve called everything else, but not GA. Which - to be fair - is the closest of all states / entities on a percentage basis.

I meant of the contested states

listening to dipshit trash talk my governor right now.

1 Like

So far the most pedantic post on this young forum.

No, but thanks for your poor mind-reading anyway, I guess?

So, where DO you get this claim that protesters/rioters were not wearing masks (waaah)?
Enough so to cause the “second wave”?

The EV will vote as normal. This is fearmongering because everyone has become acclimated to a constant state of anxiety and doesn’t know what to do without it. It is, after all, 2020.

Yep yep yep.

I believe I already covered that?

First - I realize I dropped half a thought up there, where I’ve bolded. That should have been “prevented protests and restaurants”.

Beyond that, images on the internet (notoriously unreliable) showed protestors both with and without masks. And as I said, my info is all second-hand.

yeah, no reason to be anxious in 2020. a pandemic that killed 240k americans and debilitated many others is no big deal. not like it’s the cuban missile crisis, right HL?

then why claim it as fact that the protests caused a surge?

fact of the matter is, we had protests in late may/early june in nyc, and cases continued to decline, not increase.

1 Like