Political truths that are worth sharing but aren’t funny

You’ll have to wait until the GOP leadership gets back to him on what to tell us.

Playbook doesn’t include anything about pushback.

2 Likes

1 Like

Element of humor, but definitely worth sharing.

3 Likes

“I don’t like them, but I like their policies”.

I want to scream every time I hear that.

1 Like

There’s not much more information I can provide to you. You asked for ideas and points. I provided a nice easy list of 5 of them. The responses I received are “irrelevant, not screw-ups, advice on how to get laid in high school”, etc.

I get it. You guys think Biden is doing a terrific job. He’s not. He’s a manager, reacting to world events. He’s been busy putting back into place some of Trump’s policies (MPP, Nord Stream II sanctions) I’m here to show you the tweets Biden made, and how Putin is laughing at them. The CCP is laughing too. And the Ayatollahs in Iran are all having a good chuckle. And then there is John Kerry hoping Putin is concerned about minimizing carbon releases during the military actions. That has them all ROFLing. I hope things don’t get worse, but I have a bad feeling about this…

1 Like

No, i don’t think Biden is doing a terrific job. But i think he’s doing an okay job, and that you haven’t actually offered any relevant advice.

You somehow believe that Russia thinks the US is weak because Central Americans are clamoring to enter the country, and some of them succeed. I’m not going to convince you otherwise. But if you think you are going to convince anyone else that the war in Ukraine is related to Guatemalan immigrants at the US/Mexican border … i mean, you are really lost in a bizarre fantasy.

1 Like

It’s not a single item. It’s the whole package. it’s the list. And Biden’s list is lacking.

You can’t point to one good thing and say he’s a success.
You can’t point to one thing and say he’s a failure.
You know that. I’m surprised you’re just talking about Guatemalan immigrants.
Biden has a list of failures. That list of failures projects weakness.

If you don’t want to be convinced by me, perhaps you’ll be convinced by Putin’s actions, perhaps you’ll be convinced by the CCP’s actions, perhaps you’ll be convinced by the ayatollah’s actions. I hope none of that happens, I truly hope none of that happens. But things are not looking good.

He got Germany onboard in threatening to cancel Nord Stream 2 in the lead up to Ukraine. That was a huge success that would have never happened under the alternate guy I’m not supposed to bring up. If only he had announced it shirtless and exposed his chiseled abs everything would have gone differently.

Biden could used his Cornpop technique on Biden. That would have been even better than a picture with a big fish, or shirtless on a horse. Putin would have clearly understood that technique and backed right down.

I disagree. His administration has absolutely knocked this Ukraine response out of the park. Most of the world is finally united against Putin’s aggressions and Biden has had a lot to do with that. Their decision to declassify intelligence and lay Putin’s lies out in the public was brilliant and helped to convince many of the typical holdouts to really support the sanctions. I mean Switzerland is even on board - that’s mind boggling. He didn’t try to strongarm them into it - he let them get there on their own. Your perception of Biden’s weakness seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of what he has accomplished. You’re dead wrong on this issue.

5 Likes

I’ve been assured that the pixels I used aren’t invisible so I’m wondering if you saw my posts about prevention vs. reacting. Biden is reacting to Putin’s actions. And why is Biden reacting to Putin’s actions??? Putin is acting because Biden is projecting weakness. Biden’s actions project weakness.

Or did you think Biden has been projecting Super-Power strength and Putin decided to mis-behave anyway.

To add to what everyone else is saying: What should Biden be doing to “lead” instead of “react”.

If it isn’t clear yet, your list of 5 things is terrible at answering that question.

2 Likes

I’m not sure yet how much credit Biden gets for uniting the world against Putin, but that is what happened, and it seems like the best outcome for the US at this point. At the very least, he didn’t stop it from happening. Not pissing off our allies is step 1 on that. Maybe trying to be part of the international community has some benefits…

1 Like

This.

As things stand right now, I am not sure what Biden could have done better.

Of course, if you only listen to Fox News and cheer for Putin with them, I can see why one would be lost.

So, when Putin annexed Crimea, was that because he perceived the US to be weak, or was it, i dunno, because Putin wants to restore the Soviet empire?

You keep saying this but I have no idea what you mean. Did you want a big US troop deployment in Poland or something? This just seems like a false narrative with no basis in fact.

2 Likes

Yes.

Maybe because I think too much like an actuary… But, IMO Biden explained that certain bad things would happen if Putin invaded. Then Putin invaded anyway. Then Biden made those things certain bad things happen.

From my perspective, all you can do is make it so that a decision is rational. But you can’t make someone act rationally.

Putin’s decision here was irrational. It was a bad decision. Made on very poor intelligence. The war is going poorly. The sanctions are crippling. And there’s hardly any reward for Russia here, even if Kyiv fell tomorrow. Ukraine will become a puppet state that’s guaranteed to rebel. This is shaping up to be one of the worst blunders in history.

Maybe Putin blundered because of how Biden projected weakness. But I think it’s more likely that Putin blundered for private reasons. You shouldn’t blame yourself for everything that someone else does. It’s not always about you.

1 Like

FWIW, I do wonder what would have happened if Putin had just tried to gobble up Donbas, and leave it at that. Maybe everyone would have just shrugged and say, “take it, nobody wants it anyway” like they did with the crimea.

I think that’s the exact miscalculation personally. He annexes Donbas and the world shrugs and in a few years the next chunk of Ukraine suddenly “revolts” and he very gradually annexes eastern Ukraine. I think there’s evidence that even MPs in Russia’s parliament thought that was the intention in recognizing the “republics”.

Though he’s getting older, maybe that timeline was too slow for him?

Yeah. OTOH, I don’t know how many chunks Putin could claim. The thing about the Crimea and Donbas is they really were sort of “Russian” already. But yeah annexing them might have been a rational decision.

I like that the language map has an area devoted to nuclear fallout.

1 Like