Political Humor Thread

Yep. It should have Trump in a golf cart.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Should be in Political Truths.

Reminds me of when economy was cruising under Obama, and Republicans kept on trying to find obscure BLS statistics that they thought supported their claims about all the damage Obama was doing.

1 Like

3 Likes

You mean like the numbers that indicated it was the slowest recovery from recession in US history? Or the ones pointing to employers cutting hours to remain under the required to provide medical coverage limit in the PPACA? Or how about the previously unprecedented cost of enacted regulations?

Obama’s policies did do a lot of damage. That’s why the recovery was so slow. The only good news to that is that it also delayed the next asset bubble. Thereby slowing the whole cycle. The bad news is he shoehorned in another non-discretionary large cost program into the Federal Gov.'s program list.

1 Like

6 Likes

We really need :chefskiss:

1 Like

I will only present some data and let people draw their own conclusions:

I’m not sure that the employers had an incentive to cut hours. It gave them a huge incentive to cut part-time workers though if they’re on the edge of the mandate.

40 workers working 40 hours a week counts as 40 FTEs. You’re getting 1,600 man-hours out of them and you are NOT subject to the Obamacare mandate.

If your employees prefer to work 30 hour weeks though, and you have 1,600 man-hours of work that needs to get done, you’d need about 53 employees. And if they’re working 30 hours a week that’s 53 FTEs and you ARE subject to the Obamacare mandate.

Or if your employees were working 20 hour weeks you’d need 80 employees and you’d still have 53 FTEs and be subject to the mandate.

At least if I understand how to do the calculations correctly.

If the employer is on the edge they’ve got an incentive to cut a few positions and either replace with technology or pay the remaining employees for more hours, even if it means paying overtime. Because having 49 employees who average 41.7 hours a week is WAY better than having 51 employees who average 40 hours.

Oh come on. Trump repeatedly claimed Obama manipulated jobs data. This is not just trumps claim either, many were saying that throughout the recovery. And if it wasn’t that, they complained about which U- metric was being used.

1 Like

6 Likes

In other news, monkey sues PZ for libel. Wins big.

2 Likes

If you gave a infinite number of MTG on an infinite number of typewriters, would she be able to produce the works of Shakespeare and then ban them?

I’m not sure they could produce a coherent tweet.

Humor? Maybe it should be in Truths.

2 Likes

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.34.55 PM

7 Likes

4 Likes

Thank you, I saw this on Reddit and meant to post it. But then I forgot to do that, and then I forgot where it was posted. It’s a terrific meme.