Political Humor Thread

Bwahaha, I just got this. Sorry your patience is wearing thin, but don’t worry, THE BEST! IS YET! TO COME!

I don’t understand the tactic here. “I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU STUPID HICKS. VOTE GOP AND SHUT UP.”

Sounds like President Biden in 2021

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 6.09.46 PM

3 Likes

2 Likes

Har!
It is exactly like he grabbed her pussy or walked in on a Miss Teen America Dressing Room!

3 Likes

I honestly don’t get it. Must be predicated on knowing who’s on the right.

What, you’re not 60+ years old and don’t know that Ruth Buzzi played that homely character on Laugh-In and was constantly hit on by some old man??
Well, now you know, and I’ve ruined an already shitty attempt at humor.

3 Likes

Oh, lol. A show from 1968. Phew that is peak Boomer.

The youngest boomers were 4 in 1968. They probably weren’t watching laugh-in. But, for the earliest boomers like me, it was standard fare on the TVs in student centers and dorm social rooms. (of course, we didn’t have TVs in our dorm rooms so TV was kind of a group activity)

2 Likes

Laugh-in and Flying Circus FTW!!

1 Like

Flying Circus has staying power, and was watched by more than boomers.

1 Like

I was in college in the late 90s, at an engineering school fwiw. Simpsons and Monty Python were probably the two most-watched shows.

1 Like

Can’t remember how accessible Monty Python was pre-cable - possibly on PBS
I remember albums (and Fireside Theater)
BTW, will add Smothers Brothers into the 60s’ Sketch Comedy mix

1 Like

My dorm had a service where you could check out VHS and DVDs for free, and they had a huge Monty Python selection.

1 Like

Oh sweetie

Far more interesting humor than Laugh-In’s (Laugh’s-In?), IMO.
And, Steve Martin was a writer, so it had that going for it.

1 Like

They had monty python over the air in Canada probably badly in the 70’s or early 80’s. I used to watch it with my grandmother.

To me the true Garden of Eden for sketch comedies were the various Sid Caeser shows

Carl Reiner
Mel Brooks
Larry Gelbart
Woody Allen
Neil Imon
Selma Diamond
Mel Tolkien
Howard Morris

1 Like

6 Likes

You don’t get it, it was a WORK ANIMAL on a FARM that KILLED A CHICKEN and WAS EXCITED WHILE HUNTING (because it was a puppy). Country folk put down farm animals all the time! (if they’re dying, they’re not monsters)