Polio making a combeback?

Nobody else find this new wastewater testing a break in privacy? I get the reasoning, and I’m not against it, but I feel like there should’ve been some discussion around this with the public.

It’s ok with me because polio

Well I don’t think they can go through your trash can while it’s still in your yard but as soon as you put it on the street at the curb it’s fair game. I would expect wastewater to be the same.

Though with wastewater it’s probably even harder to deanonymise it.

1 Like

The garbage is already agreed to. The wastewater, not. That’s the difference.

When did we agree to garbage? Was that based on case law? But wastewater wasn’t specifically part of that so we didn’t agree to it?

Nevertheless, nobody agreed to that. Whether or not you the no it’s acceptable, permission should’ve been sought first.

Depends on the level of aggregation imo. At the city / county level I see no personal information, I see very useful aggregate information to deal with health crisis.

Polio making a comeback is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of. The internet makes stupid people feel like they’re smart enough to make decisions for themselves that they should really trust to others.

Years ago AOL released anonymized search data, data that had been sanitized.
Nevertheless, people were able to find and identify specific individuals including where they lived.
Anyway, I’m not much of a fan of govt just helping themselv a without asking.

Notice that they didn’t give themselves permission to test for covid. They gave themselves permission to do whatever they want. The second part should be a problem without discussion n.

If you dont want your waste studied, use a private system or dont flush.

как ужасно!

Time to invest in iron lung manufacturers?

all i can think of is polio, in the body of LL Cool J, belting out the opening line to Mama Said Knock You Out

1 Like

are there even any

Mutations don’t exist

I heard people stopped taking vaccines due to some anti-vaccine activist dude. I think his name was I. Ron Lunge or something like that.

US added to list of countries with actively circulating polio

Are you curious about vaccine derived polio like I was? This is a good read:

1 Like

Wow, that’s really interesting and scary. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like