Personal Finance/Investing subforum?

I appreciated that subforum from the AO. I can go elsewhere for the topic, of course, but there’s a lot to be said for having it in a community of peers, and I learned a lot from the subforum on AO.

I did send a PM about this, but thought it might be better to have it here, in case others wanted to weigh in that they also found it useful. Community sourcing, as it were.

3 Likes

I’m sure that we’ll recreate many of the “sub-areas” that were on the prior site. However, it might take some time.

I think some of the first foci has been establishing the Exam section(s) and the general chat area.

But I agree that trying to establish a few “niche” topic areas would be immensely beneficial. But that might be a bit later (possibly early 2021?) as we only have two full administrators to set up/structure those things. And a programmer to help with some “special” functionalities?

You’ve sent a DM, so that’s good. FWIW, the site also has tags that we should probably start using. It’s a quick way to partition things into small subcategories and in some cases will be better than having a specifically defined category.

:bump: as I’m not the only one who would find it useful, and tags don’t work as intuitively imo.

1 Like

I’d like this as well!

Robinhood seems to be getting ready for some IPO opportunities.

Wondering if anyone has good recs.