PA requirements for Pre 2018 ASAs

We used to have a good thread tracking the PA requirement. Recall that when they came out with PA you could get ASA without it if you were ASA by July 2018. But you had to get FSA by July 2022 to continue to be exempt. Students really wanted this exemption extended (especially those of us trying to finish the Spc Exam…).

I dug this out from the SOA website that seems to confirm that the SOA indeed extended the PA transition requirement to 1/1/2023.

Predictive Analytics Exam – There are no exam transitions to this component. Candidates who are not an ASA by July 1, 2018 must complete this requirement. Fellowship candidates who are an ASA by July 1, 2018 are exempt from this requirement, provided they also earn fellowship by January 1, 2023 (The SOA Board of Directors extended this deadline from the original July 1, 2022 date at their December 2020 meeting).

I actually first noticed the date may have changed when reading this faq:

Q1: If I earn my ASA prior to July 1, 2018 and do not earn my FSA prior to January 1, 2023, will I lose my ASA?

A1: No, you keep your ASA. However, you will be required to complete the Predictive Analytics Exam (and fulfill any additional requirements established in the future) if you wish to attain an FSA.

Thought it was worth a thread in the FSA exam section as anyone that has ASA before 2018 has been watching this one.

Why is this a big deal? The PA exam is a) so easy and b) so necessary…I think everyone should have to take this. Exempt us from hard/weird exams only please