Out of context phrases

Maybe she got a polo pony scholarship!

“I don’t possess a mansion, a villa in France, a yacht or a string of poloponies.”

2 Likes

:laughing:

I actually considered putting a “TNWSS” in the post, but thought that would detract from my point. Oh well, I guess it detracted anyway :laughing:

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just gonna repost this here:

3 Likes

But we’re a public company - we only care about GAAP!!!

2 Likes

Heh, I did say “drugs”.

But out of context actual thing I actually said: my direct report noticed that some of the life policy terminations were incorrectly being called deaths in some experience reports we were reviewing / updating. It came up when one person had two very different dates of death and she researched it only to discover that the guy was alive and well and current on his disability insurance premium.

So we figured out what the problem was, discovered it affected more than just the one guy, and I said to her “well somehow or other we have to make it look like these people aren’t really dead”.

Which sounded really bad out of context!!!

1 Like

I had to make sure I took it out of context. :wink:

Back in the day we would occasionally have a policy that was listed as “dead” one month and then “inforce” the next. The exclamation “It’s a miracle!” could be heard.

2 Likes

I learned a new term when I opted to be the last passenger off a full flight. I had like a four hour layover and we were maybe 45 minutes late getting in and so a lot of people had tight connections. I just sat in my window seat and read my book while everyone else deplaned as it didn’t cost me anything and conceivably that could help someone else.

Anyway, the flight attendants were talking loudly from the front of the plane to the back, trying to find the passenger who needed a wheelchair. They kept asking me if I’d reserved a wheelchair and I said I hadn’t which prompted one of the flight attendants to exclaim “Jetway Jesus!”

Apparently “Jetway Jesus” refers to the miraculous in-flight healing that allows a passenger who required a wheelchair at the origin (where a wheelchair means boarding first) to no longer require a wheelchair at the destination (where a wheelchair means deplaning last). This is evidently a somewhat common miracle.

4 Likes

Eating outside the Y

1 Like

:poop:

5 Likes

@Tiffany
:grimacing:

3 Likes

On Graham Norton Seth McFarland is doing impressions and then Emile Blunt does an impression of Tom Cruise and then she turns to Tom and says, “do me.”

What did my car say after being left outside during a hailstorm?

1 Like

:horse:

1 Like

For a good time, call tf.

2 Likes

2 Likes

don’t filth that up!

1 Like