One big meal per day to save time?

Only cook once a week. After you dirty a dish, put it in the dishwasher instead of washing it. Run the dishwasher every 2 or 3 days.

1 Like

Just reuse the dirty dish. How bad can it get in a week. Don’t use sauces or grease.

1 Like

If you had a dog instead of cats, you’d have a plate cleaner.

2 Likes

And you could eat dog food to make this even easier.

I did OMAD 75% of the days basically from my senior year of high school through college. I was always a good weight and in great shape. It was much easier as a cigarette smoker. Once my wife got pregnant and I quit smoking eating became more of a fixture in my life.

and you could eat the dog when it gets too old. That’s win-win

2 Likes

Cast iron cookware is the way to go, IMO. “Burn” and wipe and you’re good to go.

1 Like

And Pro Tip: use paper plates and plasticware. No need for washing dishes.

Which may or may not be effective…

I think it is effective, it’s just not necessarily better than another dieting method.

In my more active weight lifting days, we did GOMAD for weight GAIN. (Gallon Of Milk A Day)

I tried that one time for one day. Never again.

Diarrhea paradise

I read that.
For me, it helps me not eat crap late at night. Of course restricting calories no matter how will lead to similar results.
How about non-restrictive diets, but one diet restricts time of meals while the other doesn’t?
The theory behind 16/8 is that the fasting spurs the burning of calories not readily available. Not the calories-in part, but the calories-, and type of calorie, -out part.

Also, type of calories-in helps with the fasting part.

Also quit weed. Impossible not to eat when stoned.

It can work, give it a try.

I know a guy who swears by two meals a day.

I’ve been reading recently that 20 gram servings of protein every 3 hours is optimal for muscle recovery, but I need to do more validation of that conclusion. It’s hard to get that much protein in snacks without just having bland protein shakes.

I don’t think the fitness industry has a consensus on this yet. I imagine if it’s a significant advantage, it’ll become the norm. I’m guessing optimal in this case might be clinically insignificant

i remember reading something by a lifter about people being honest with themselves about their desire to make gains. he said “it starts with tupperware.” basically, do you have the discipline to prepare and cut up all that chicken (or other lean meat) and store it in the containers needed to have the fuel on the schedule. if you can’t do that then you are aren’t serious.

I really dislike plain chicken, but if it was rotisserie chicken, I could probably do it for a few months. I don’t know how body builders commit to it long-term, honestly, if they enjoy food at all.

When I was in college, I met Mr Missouri, he was a friend of a friend basically. He got serious to the point he sold his business and had enough cash on hand to live for about three years. His goal was to go pro or go bust. So for three years all he did was train.

His diet? Mostly chicken breast, steamed rice and some potatoes/yams, MCT oil, and water. A few odd veggies here and there, steamed. As he got closer to contest season, he lowered the rice and upped the chicken. I think he told me in the last week leading up to a contest he’d eat 5-7lb of chicken breast per day, with very little seasoning.

I adore freshly cooked, good quality, plain, unseasoned chicken. but having good chicken every day would be a lot of work, since it degrades in storage.