Office desk chair

I think office chairs are supposed to be firm. It took some getting used to. Firm is supposedly better for you than squishy like a couch.

bought a chair from Staples 3 years ago. around $250. A lot of the hydrolic support is pretty much shot. Maybe it is my weight, but just got my bonus, so looking to get something that can handle me. Would spend $500 this time, but i guess not Staples

Three years seems pretty shoddy.

1 Like

I still love my HON Endorse chair. I got it right after Covid hit, around May of 2020. Still looks and feels as good as new.

I probably need a No Recline chair. I am well under the max weight shown on the one I have, but it was the reclining that did it in.

I need a chair that reclines.

I have one that reclines. You can always lock it of course. My chair is over 1k though

Mine has a list price of about $800 and i paid about $650 plus tax, iirc. Mine doesn’t feel like the sturdiest chair out there, but i found it very comfortable, for my body. It’s held up fine so far, though, and still looks and feels new. I bought it maybe a year before the pandemic.

wanted a chair rated at 300lbs

didn’t want to go to Ashley/Bob/Raymour as their tends to be cheaply made

Ethan Allen had nothing under $1000. I wanted to start looking at $500

Prior chair was $250 at Staples. Rated at 275lbs. Broke it reclining. Movable arm rest also broke. So I decided i needed fewer moving parts, i weight much less than 275, but probably put more than 275 of torque when reclining

Went to a Lazyboy. On line showed a lot of chairs. Seems only sold on line or at Staples.

Next was a Macys Furniture outlet. Nothing over 250 lbs, even though solid and wood, not plastic.

Next stop Staples. The most solid looking, rated at 250. Three chairs rated at 275 I liked. Lazyboy $350, a Staples brand $150 and Beautyrest $220 floor model.

The cheapest was actually the most comfortable. and wife’s logic was if i don’t like it, cheap investment.

and for $30, the assembled it and got a 3 year warranty

Google result that seems best.

i need to try it out, lots are online

i am not what most people would see a “that fat”

lots for big and tall, but i could be too small.

I have the HON Endorse and it’s rated to 300lb. I’m 230lb and I love it. I’ve had it since 2020 and it’s still 100% good as new.

Shop around, retail is kind of high.

Yeah, kind of like shoes in that way.

yeah, my feet are wide too

And now, my internet ads are all husky chairs.

3 Likes

I have this image of you needing an extra wide chair for your feet.

In my image, he is standing on it.

1 Like