Office desk chair

Meh.
Went to Costco. Assembled it myself.

what is your “meh” even referring to? you say “meh” a lot for no reason at all.

My Secretlabs Titan is meant for a larger person than I – I’m 5’8", and have the added disadvantage of having short thighs. It still works for me, although I cheat by frequently sitting cross-legged or resting my feet on an under-desk elliptical machine.

Yeah I’m barely 5’4" so it is likely to be way too big for me.

1 Like

oh, also when i was buying an office chair, i was looking for one where i’d at least have a chance of sitting ergonomically correctly. with the titan chair, i likely just couldn’t at my height.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why it’s good to test a chair before buying it. People come in a lot of different shapes and sizes, and you want a chair that fits YOU.

1 Like

Well now that I work from home I rarely sit in my chair long enough for it to matter ergonomically. I also think I’m slightly ADD because I can barely sit still for more than 20 minutes unless I have meetings.

:dizzy_face: :coffin:

Crap, yeah, I have the thing below and don’t use it as often as I should. I promise I’m standing as I type this!!!

I have an uplift desk where technically I can stand while I work. Have yet to actually use that feature to stand rather than adjust the desk to the perfect sitting height.

Stand up! Didn’t you get a standing mat when you bought it? I haven’t been using the balance board as much as the mat lately because I need to be on camera for more meetings lately, and the rocking back and forth is distracting.

What’s the point of a “standing mat”?

My husband bought a balance board, and that seems like a good addition, because it keeps your knees from locking. If I had room, I’d get a little under-desk treadmill. Walking (unlike standing) is actually good for you. I don’t have a standing desk at home because I know I’m uncomfortable standing still.

The standing mat I have has multiple levels that encourage me to move around. I do calf stretches/raises off the back, which I can’t do on the balance board.

I’m not a fan of under desk treadmills, I feel way less efficient when using one. They’re good if I’m just reading, but I feel awkward trying to type or write anything, and I take a lot of notes in meetings to keep myself engaged/have records for my very distractible/forgetful brain.

I think I did get the standing mat an the rocking board. I’m at my parents house for the next week or so at least, using my mothers totally not ergonomic set-up. Maybe when I get home. The desk is pretty good just for the adjustability even if you don’t stand up.

Just looping back on this, in case anyone else is considering chairs…

I just noticed that SecretLabs has recently introduced “small” and “extra small” versions of their chairs, which might address such concerns.

interesting. well, it’s about time they realized not everyone who wants a gaming chair is a tall man.

i already have a chair, otherwise i’d consider it.

I love my Haworth Fern, but it seems taller people have more options. Gaming chairs basically were not an option for me because I’m an average heighted female.

I love my chair. I ordered from x-chair

Got it because there was an Amex deal when I bought it. It’s so comfy and feels so expensive. I have it in leather.

1 Like

I have a couple of earlier models of these: https://secretlab.co/products/titan-evo-2022-series

They’re firmer than I expected when I ordered the first chair, but comfy (to my tastes) and have held up extremely well.