Octordle

Great job, but you don’t have to wait for something so impressive to post here.

1 Like

Yeah I had taken a break from octordle and quordle for a while and getting back into them lately

Daily Octordle #226
:eight::nine:
:clock12::three:
:six::five:
:seven::keycap_ten:
Score: 60

Daily Octordle #226
:seven::keycap_ten:
:clock11::five:
:six::three:
Score: 59

Daily Octordle #226
:clock11::four:
:five::six:
:three::keycap_ten:
Score: 56

1 Like

It’s one thing to post a guess 1 success, which includes some element of serendipity. Do you plan to make a habit of posting scores better than PT’s and mine?

Thats the plan! But you know best laid plans and all that…

I’m liking the “rescue” version Octordle now has (partially started game; you have 9 guesses to get all 8 words, so only 1 miss allowed!) It really forces me to slow down for a bit and see where things are, which helps in the normal game as well. (2 outta 3 so far in getting a full rescue! :+1:)

Daily Rescue Octordle #226
:nine::clock12:
:clock1::eight:
:six::clock11:
:keycap_ten::five:
Score: 8

Not sure I like it, since their starting guesses are so bad. Somehow I pulled it out today (first day I’ve played it)

i believe 2nd time i’ve done it

Daily Octordle #227
:four::five:
:seven::six:
:nine::eight:
:three::keycap_ten:
Score: 52

1 Like

Daily Octordle #227
:three::clock12:
:seven::clock11:
:five::keycap_ten:
Score: 65

Tried to strike gold and went for both BENCH and HURLY earlier than I should have and cost me

Daily Octordle #227
:four::keycap_ten:
:clock11::red_square:
:nine::seven:
:six::eight:
Score: 69

Blunder. was 100% guaranteed going into guess 12: 4 spots green and a yellow for a different letter. But then I guessed two words that seemed likely for those greens. (Guess was even a word where I had previously gotten a blank in that square. But it fit the greens so nicely.)

Daily Rescue Octordle #227
:seven::clock12:
:six::clock11:

At least got this right. These (this is only my second) seem far harder to me than regular Octordle. Only one mistake allowed, and not much (except letters known to be wrong) to go one. No more than 2 greens toward any word in the starting info today. No more than 4 positions total (one with 2 yellow, 2 green; one with 3 yellow, 1 green). One had one green, no yellows. One had 2 yellow, no green.

No idea how they compute the score in Daily Rescue. My score 8 both days, despite one miss yesterday and no misses today. Maybe 8 words solved win 9 or fewer tries (including the computer generated tries.)

I think they just count the number of words you get. (I got a 7 on an earlier one where I missed a word.)

Daily Octordle #228
:clock12::three:
:seven::eight:
:clock1::nine:
:five::keycap_ten:
Score: 67

ok, tried it. the score is words correct as the goal is to get as many as you can. no bonus for no misses. Its harder as you are rescuing an idiot

Daily Rescue Octordle #228
:eight::six:
:clock11::seven:
:clock12::nine:

Daily Octordle #228
:eight::five:
:seven::clock11:
:red_square::nine:
:four::keycap_ten:
Score: 68

never heard of the word CAPUT before. I had tried KAPUT unsuccessfully. Unfortunately N was one of 2 letters I never tried the entire round along with X. FIZZY and JIGGY were my last attempts

Daily Sequence Octordle #228
:six::seven:
:keycap_ten::clock11:

Sequence is more fun than rescue imo

a lot easier too

:keycap_ten::clock11:

Daily Octordle #228
:clock11::seven:
:six::keycap_ten:

Daily Rescue Octordle #228
:clock1::five:
:nine::seven:
:clock12::clock11:
:red_square::six:
Score: 7

With 1 guess left, 2 words left, I was sure of 1, thought the other promising even though no greens. So I took the sure thing. The other would also have been right.

:eight::keycap_ten:
:clock11::clock12:
Score: 63