NextDoor

That’s a terrific photo kudos to whoever took it.

Well, Bob, the lady at the zoo said it, and who am I to tell her that she’s wrong? If it’s a tail, monkey, no tail, ape, it’s easy.

A coworker sent this pic she took, unclear where the waffle came from.

1 Like

If it was a chipmunk and a pancake I’d have an idea.

1 Like

“I’m not one to usually complain or give a negative review…[complaints & negative review]”

This deserves to be shared here:

1 Like

Ah…I found the one I wanted to post about.

Background:
A few days ago some mom was on ND bitching about her daughter getting yelled at by a neighbor. Daughter was trying to do a “random act of kindness” for her neighbors by bringing their garbage/recycling bins off of the street & up to the house. The problem was that at least one of either the garbage or recycling trucks hadn’t come through the neighborhood yet, so she was moving not-emptied carts.

In one of the affected houses lived an old, crotchety lady who lit into the young girl, so mom was bitching about how “[you can’t do anything nice for people anymore these days]”.

So, today, someone else posts this (unedited)…keep in mind I live in a very red state & people like to bitch about their free speech hippo rights being violated by ND-censorship:

Last night I was trying to point out this person who used bullying behavior on the little girl trying to do good deeds. The little girl was forced to put all the trash cans back.
I hope the little girl understands the woman is more angry at herself it seems, and she picked on someone who did not have the skills due age to manage the woman’s behavior? I hope your daughter realizes it was not her fault. She might do well to have a plan to call you if a stranger, hateful adult, or even kids behaving badly to let you know the situation.

Last night tried to write about this situation. I was censored. Is this a legal issue we need to address? Is it because I am liberal and said something about our last president?

Were the people who were watching the last president on TV, and went gaga over him and posted the same censored?

And with your censorship, I am in a way being trolled because someone is monitoring my posts here. Do you ask others to document statements?

Is it because I said people who had Covid are showing up in droves because they now have post viral syndrome? I met a man from Oklahoma who had Covid with pneumonia,and 15 months later is still dealing with nervous system disorders? And my husband who is a pediatric nurse practitioner is now seeing many kids in the same situation?

Why?

The crème de la crème, however, was the first response by someone named Cece:

I think you need to find a hobby…

That was a good response. Yikes!

My NextDoor is… less exciting. Mostly “can you recommend a good place to get Italian food”. There was a kerfuffle when a pot shop was planning on moving vaguely near a school, but it’s been there for a while now, and I recently saw a post saying, “I was wrong, the cannabis dispensary hasn’t caused any of the problems I was afraid of.”

We get fights about people leaving bags of dog poop along paths, and about leaf blowers, but that’s about as nasty as it gets.

1 Like

Names have been changed to protect the lunatics…otherwise this is verbatim…

One of the very active posters (perhaps something of a neighborhood-moderator (I can’t tell)) posted an “I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired of being berated by people who have an opinion different than mine and so I’m leaving. I’m leaving, I tell you. Did you hear me? I’m leaving!”

The first & only reply before the post got taken down was something to the effect of “This is not an airline. You don’t need to announce your departure.”

8 Likes

:turtle:

1 Like

I thought they were trying to get that Koopa Troopa to retract into its shell so that they could kick it down their chosen path to clear out Bowser’s minions.

1 Like

Well, you do that by jumping on it, not running it over. :mario: :luigi:

Miranda: George, what are you doing?
George: Did you see that? That- That pigeon didn’t move! I had to swerve to get out of the way! I saved that pigeon’s life!
Miranda: What pigeon? You drove right onto that squirrel. [gets out of the car]
George: Squirrel? Well, we have no deal with them!

1 Like

This person would be totally horrified to see how the Australians deal with cane toads. :scream:

1 Like

He’s not reliable.

On a side note I saw an article the other day and he is in the mushroom business in CO. He’s growing and selling magic mushrooms.

I think I inadvertently got someone banned from NextDoor tonight. Someone made a post complaining that people weren’t following leash laws. A bunch of people said stuff about how everyone is entitled and thinks the rules don’t apply to them.

I added that I’d been bitten by a dog who “never bit anyone before” (what every dog owner says the first time their dog bites someone) and that it wasn’t cool to have your dog unleashed in an area where leashes are required. And I added that I have anxiety around unleashed dogs because I don’t know if they’re going to attack me or not, and quite frankly, neither do you.

This gal, who as of that moment hadn’t posted in that conversation that I’d seen, lashed out at me, calling me Karen, saying that her dog never bit a soul and how dare I say that she didn’t know it wouldn’t bite because of course she does.

I responded that this is exactly what the owner of the dog who attacked me said (other than calling me Karen, which wasn’t a thing back then).

She responded that obviously I was the kind of person who would call the cops on a black man just because he was black.

Yikes… what a leap. If I want leash laws enforced that makes me … a lying racist???

She kept posting that I didn’t know who I was messing with and I’d better leave her alone and she was going to report me and I’d poked the wrong bear. Like seriously off the deep end. I said nothing directed at her except that her comment about her dog not biting anyone was exactly what the owner of the dog who bit me said (which it was). I think she made 8 or 10 posts after that either accusing me of racism or warning me that I didn’t know who I was messing with and I’d poked the bear, etc.

Those posts are all down now and she no longer has a NextDoor profile. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Wasn’t it the person with the dog off the leash that called the cops on the black man?

1 Like

BTW - no you didn’t. She got herself banned.

8 Likes

^This