News that makes you say WTF?!?!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

With 6 you get eggroll.

This might not be a truly WTF news item, but it’s something that baffles me.

There’s a new cookie shop in town. Cookies are $4 each or $40 per dozen, per their website. They also only have 6 kinds of cookies. You cannot get near the place. There’s always a line that goes out the door and down the sidewalk.

WTF? How good can a cookie be? The wait time in line is legitimately longer than the time that it would take to make a batch of cookies from scratch.

There’s a place like that in NYC. Tourist trap I guess.

We have a place around here called Crumble. Cookies are extremely large. Usually would be sharable.

Yeah, that’s what this is. Crumbl with no “e” at the end

There is a popular breakfast place near me. It’s to-go only, no seating, and not because of Covid, it’s just a really tiny shop. They have a couple of benches outside, with no roof over them. Their prices are considerably higher than other places in the area, and you have to order the night before. Who in the f*** is paying high prices and ordering ~12 hours in advance for a to-go breakfast?

Yep, no e.

Are they decorated really fancifully? Decorating cookies can take a really long time.

If they’re just like chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin and snickerdoodles and whatnot then yeah, that makes very little sense.

Yes, why people would line up for oatmeal rai-SIN makes absolutely no sense!!! Silly beggars!!!

1 Like

3 of 6 flavors seem to have frosting, but they don’t seem to be “fancifully” decorated.

Costco sells packages of 24 fresh baked cookies that I like for $8. You get 8 white chocolate chip macadamia cookies (the best) 8 regular choc chip cookies (medium) and 8 oatmeal raisin (who cares). I could eat the white choc macadamias and throw the other 16 away and still be at only $1 per cookie.

Hmm, i just looked at their web site. They look like the kind of cookies i don’t eat at corporate events, unless I’m fairly hungry. I think I’ll make my own.

The cookies are gigantic and pretty good. Very rich. Our realtor randomly brought us four of them as part of his business retention strategy.

The price I see as similar to buying ice cream from coldstone - you can get a tub of it at the grocery store for way cheaper yet you buy it from them anyway at $4 for 2 scoops.

Well, I don’t.
I go to a local place, or Salt&Straw on the Westside, or B&R (the order of preference). Coldstone isn’t all that.
My thinking is that I really should not eat a whole 1.5Q tub of ice cream, even over a week’s time. Plus, I’d have to store it. Then it melts and refreezes and sucks afterward. If I go to an ice creamery for two scoops of truly delishioso ice cream, once a month, I’m better off for it ('cause I’m old).
Same with meh Costco cookies at a tempting price point. That’s too many cookies into mah belly. And I will eat them, make no mistake.
But, yeah, I’m not waiting in line for a cookie, unless it gives me an orgasm. Or comes with ice cream between two of them, like Diddy Riese in Westwood.

I just finished the last of some Black Cherry Ice Cream that was in the freezer!!! Wuz yummy!!!

ETA: Having a cake donut as a chaser!!!

That better not have been MY Black Cherry Ice Cream!
(Seriously, I have some Tillamook in there right now. From an intimate get-together we threw a week ago.)

Mine was Nestle Premium Black Cherry. It was on sale. :slight_smile:

Candace Party! Candace Party!

Maybe they taste better than they look. They really don’t look appealing to me, based on the video on the website.

3 Likes