News that makes you say WTF?!?!

Well, the ACLU made a statement. And the case is getting a lot of press, especially nationally. I expect that the case will be settled in a manner that satisfies virtually no one. But I don’t expect the ACLU to do much more than write another sternly worded statement of protest. They don’t seem to be the same group in Utah that I have heard of in other places.

Or maybe you were being sarcastic or ironic? Hopefully not being good with that is more an Actuary type thing than a LDS type thing, huh?

I have no idea where this case will go.

Anyway, here’s a defense lawyer’s blog post on this:

Calling our ERISA lawyer @Douglan? Poster I miss

2 Likes

There’s a new Danish TV show aimed at children aged 4 to 8.

Warning: Once you see this, you can’t unsee it. I’m not going to link to it directly.

Just google John Dillermand

Yes this is intended to be a children’s show. It may be NSFW by American standards. You may want to use your phone not your work computer.

Yeah I’d say :laughing: though not too surprising from Denmark. They’re a long way from uptight about nudity/sexuality.

This was covered on a web exclusive of LWTwJO

1 Like

yeah that’s where i saw it

Agreed. I visited as a teenager, and was surprised by the casual attitude towards nudity and sex. At the time there was a popular “Adam and eve” theme featuring things like clothespins shaped like simplified people (think restroom signs) only one had a little knob and the other a little hole, so when you squeezed the clothespin (or key ring, or many other objects sold cheaply where a kid might been for one as their mother was buying stuff) the little knob fit into the little hole.

It was intended as an innocent toy. Not something you’d see here.

Twice the speed of light? Definitely made me say WTF?!?!

3 Likes

I listened to the segment (well after the fact) and she just mis-spoke. She said it was supersonic and a little faster than the F-35. I’m surprised that no one on set asked her if she was sure about that.

Hey, twice the speed of light IS supersonic.

Does the tread title imply the news had to be correct?

Nope, just saying it wasn’t that big a deal for a misstatement. They weren’t really implying that the planes fly faster than the speed of light. Should probably have been in a different thread.

Now that I think about it, maybe the innumeracy thread? And that probably would be best since it was originally about news stories.

Sorry, you can go back to your regularly scheduled discussion. Or maybe we could discuss Inflation?

I don’t think anyone on that set is allowed to question anything that a co-host says.
I don’t think any of them really listen to each other anyway. Acting interested is what keeps viewers entertained. Blowing the credibility of a co-host would lose viewers.

1 Like

It would lose some and gain others!

Boy, I tell ya’, inflation is out of control…back when I was in college, you know how much it cost? …a pound of flesh and a pint of blood. These days, for my kids, it’s an arm and a leg!!

Do your kids know how to drive stick???

Yes

1 Like

What like, fly a broom? I think that’s just Harry Potter make believe breadman…

:shake: :roll_eyes:

The older daughter, who I would say “mastered” the art of driving a stick shift, did, indeed, really enjoy the HP series.