New Music Game

Didn’t get around to submitting - and quite NSFW

Enormous Penis - YouTube

I avoided that because “New Music Game”. If I’m going to vote for something widely known it has to be a full head above the others.

Fair point. That makes sense.

Yeah, I wasn’t around to make a submission last week, but had I, I would have submitted The Loophole by Garfunkel and Oates. Very funny. Definitely NSFW

Well you can all vote even if you didn’t submit.

more votes!

There were 2 I went back and forth on.

Almost all of these songs are new to me. I’m trying to decide if I should vote for one that made me laugh (or at least chuckle) or one I enjoy but I don’t see the humor of.

Except for my submission and Weird Al all were new to me as well. 2 of them I found at least amusing so I chose between those 2.

Trying to decide among these 3, for various reasons, and my vote can be swayed:

• Flight of the Conchords - found this amusing, this group were on my radar years ago but I never really tried them out, might tip me to explore what else they have to offer.
  • Le Duo des Chats - this might be the one I found the funniest, just the use of what’s usually a serious medium to have children make cat noises is great. The classical music equivalent of internet cat videos.
  • Scatman - legitimately enjoyed this, didn’t really get the “joke” (?). Saw this among the youtube comments:

So the topic wasn’t a song that was a joke, but a song that makes you laugh. Scatman makes me laugh trying to sing along with it when he does the skatting (and listening to my friends trying to do it as well).

1 Like

That was why I had “joke” in quotes - I was sure there was a reason it would make someone laugh. I found it fun to listen to, but didn’t try to scat along or make anyone else try, either. I’m sure that would have brought laughter.

I also disagree with the YouTube comment calling it a “joke song” unless one views all novelty songs as joke songs. I quoted the comment for the inspirational parts.

Thanks for submitting this one! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

man that Last Saskatchewan Pirate is an earworm

1 Like

Stealin’ wheat and barley and all your other grains.

Congrats to @OutdoormanNowActuary for running away with this week’s win!

@YankeeTripper secures some more points with 2nd place.

So I’m thinking we do this game in “seasons”. Maybe 12 rounds, and then take a break til after Labor Day and come back for season 2. Season 2 we’ll reset scoring and I think somehow re-introduce a few of the artists that were selected during season 1.

Any thoughts on that arrangement?

Will post round 11 category soon btw

Whatever works for you is fine by me.

1 Like

Round 11: Submit a song with no lyrics

So, singing, but no words?

My first thought was no singing, music only, but I think singing without using any words is fine. It’s up to the people to be the judge

Man. Do I want to be wistful, do I want a banger? This is a good topic.

1 Like