New Music Game

ITA. The movie isn’t too bad, either, FWIW.

But, YMMV.

have “scores” been updated for the past 2 rounds? and do we have a new category this week?

workin’ on it!

Round 9: Submit a song that features multiple lead singers with different parts (not a harmony where they sing the same thing at once, but where they have different lyrics to sing and both singers are prominent in the song)

An example would be A Day in the Life by the Beatles

This would include collaborating artists? i.e. Scream by Michael Jackson ft. Janet Jackson

As long as they are both prominently featured*, yes. But if the main artist was already used in this game I won’t allow it.

1 Like

Thanks again @Kat987 for hosting last week!

1 Like

Will you update the list of used artists or should we handle that ourselves?

will update by this afternoon

Actually just updated now. The list of artists and the point totals are all updated!

Hail Mary Mallon to be added to the artists. Cheers for upkeeping it all though!

woops had the artist and song mixed up. Thanks for mentioning it!

Funny, when on a family roadtrip as kids, my brother once listened to this song 40 times in a row on repeat in the backseat, just bobbing his head the whole time. I guess my parents introduced us to Bromberg but I don’t remember them playing his music ever really.

Bumping for more entries

I’ve got a few additional entries I could send but that doesn’t seem to be in the spirt of this thread.

Song with multiple lead singers

0 voters

Kicking myself for not submitting: The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York - YouTube

I feel I keep finding my best contribution after watching a few others.

Although - on second thought - they’re the same melody, just singing opposed to each other, so maybe not.

Seemed good to me, but save The Pogues for later!

My first poll on GoA - it just highlights the radio button selected, and that means I voted right? I’m not supposed to see any “you submitted” messages?

Also - I almost submitted the same song as someone else lol. Ended up voting for a different one though

Tough choice this week. There are 4 new to me songs that I like in this poll.