New Music Game

Hail Mary Mallon to be added to the artists. Cheers for upkeeping it all though!

woops had the artist and song mixed up. Thanks for mentioning it!

Funny, when on a family roadtrip as kids, my brother once listened to this song 40 times in a row on repeat in the backseat, just bobbing his head the whole time. I guess my parents introduced us to Bromberg but I don’t remember them playing his music ever really.

Bumping for more entries

I’ve got a few additional entries I could send but that doesn’t seem to be in the spirt of this thread.

Song with multiple lead singers

0 voters

Kicking myself for not submitting: The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York - YouTube

I feel I keep finding my best contribution after watching a few others.

Although - on second thought - they’re the same melody, just singing opposed to each other, so maybe not.

Seemed good to me, but save The Pogues for later!

My first poll on GoA - it just highlights the radio button selected, and that means I voted right? I’m not supposed to see any “you submitted” messages?

Also - I almost submitted the same song as someone else lol. Ended up voting for a different one though

Tough choice this week. There are 4 new to me songs that I like in this poll.

yeah, the bubble will just fill in and your vote is good. can change it if you want to. then results will be shown when the poll closes.

Really tough choice this week. Deciding between 4 of them myself

bumping for votes before the poll closes!

Two days later and I’m still listening to the one I voted for. Great new-to-me song, so thanks whoever submitted it.

Yep I’ve added multiple songs from this list to my playlist.

This was quite the blowout this week. I knew of the song Body Talks but forgot it was with Kesha or havent heard that version or something, but it was just very fun. The Struts are awesome.

Wanted to vote for Little Talks because its one of my favorite songs of all time but the Struts and Kesha swayed me.

Also wanted to vote for death bed because its a good song, but I knew it well already and it wouldn’t have beaten Little Talks anyway.

Finally I also almost voted for Heart and Soul since I liked the dual singing technique and I hadn’t heard it before, but again Struts won out.

I really liked the Powfu song almost voted for it but the Struts and Kesha just had too much synergy going on and a sound I really like that took me back to a sound of bands I loved growing up.

Really most of the songs submitted this week were pretty good. Other than my own submission of Little Talks, Leather and Lace was the only one I familiar with coming in and how do you go wrong with and Eagles Fleetwood Mac crossover?

Man, thought Death Bed was going to be a hit. Sounds like there was a lot of likes for it but not enough to win.

I was going for a song with very opposed lyrical styles (hip-hop vs. indie acoustic in this case), while most of the other songs (including Body Talks) are basically the same thing but sung by different people. (Still a good song. Not one I love, but fun.)

That’s why I voted Love the Way You Lie, even though I don’t care much for Rihanna, and it definitely wasn’t “new” for me, I didn’t even listen to it since I know it.

Not salty, it’s irrelevant, but that was my aim. Ah well, can’t please everyone.

Maybe I should have submitted something from The Grey Album by DJ Danger Mouse/The Beatles/Jay-Z.

Cute Without the E was the song I immediately thought of when I heard two singers, but listening to it I didn’t think the sounds were “distinct” enough for the category, which is why I ended up submitting Love the Way you Lie.

I’ve never heard Body Talks, or anything by the Struts for that matter, and it was such a catchy song. I thought Little Talks was another good one for this category - I like this song and like how they go back and forth with each other.