New Music Game Season #2

Also I promise to update the scoring at some point soon. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Perilously low on entries this week. Is it a boycott until I get scoring updated??

I’m finding this a tough category for some reason. Don’t have a big group of “pump it up” songs I listen to but a few that I do are from prior submitted artists but I’ll get you one later today.

Yeah I actually just realized my go to pump up song is by and artist just taken last round. Gotta think about this one.

I think I’ll try to get even more general next round

This is the easiest topic for me in a while. Pretty sure I have mild ADHD (not being flippant, I have a diagnosed sibling) and need to be tapping my foot 8 hours a day in order to focus. Have a big playlist of hype music.

0 voters

7 songs in this round I’m not familiar with. Didn’t really care for 6 of those but will give them another go tomorrow. 1 I really like and have gone through several more from the artist good sound.

4 I did not know, 5 I did and I liked some but not enough to overcome my desire to vote for new music. 1 was a standout, I wouldn’t describe it as “pump-up” music but it’s in that area and I dig it.

Only 2 I knew and not a big fan of either so will be picking something new to me. Had 2 I really liked that I need to pick between

I knew four songs, and liked 3 of them.

I didn’t know five songs, and liked 3 of them.

Voted for the one I didn’t know that I liked the most.

Overall, liked most of the songs in this category as I enjoy upbeat music quite a bit.

bump for votes!

Oh hey! looks like I got my first points this season

@IPD gets first place this week
@YankeeTripper nabs 2nd place
@Marcie @Rastiln @OutdoormanNowActuary split the 3rd place scraps!

One of these days we’ll get a great table of scores! I can see it now

My two pump up songs I use most often in life are by Linkin Park (couldn’t use that band) and then also Shippin Up to Boston (selected this round so I didn’t pick it). I’m not sure if I would’ve picked the Dropkick Murphys as my entry had it not already been picked, but since it truly is a pump up song for me I had to vote for it this round.

I submitted The Interrupters. I discovered them 3 years ago or so and really like their stuff. This song fit the theme well I thought

I went down an Interrupters rabbit hole on Monday. She Got Arrested has become one of my new favorite songs.

2 Likes

They were going to tour with Weezer, Green Day, and Fall Out Boy in 2020 and I was gonna go but then COVID… I think the tour is up and running part time now though…maybe next year for me

I’m sorry to whoever submitted Florence or Legends: I was likely going to vote for one of those songs but missed the voting deadline. (Interrupters were also in my shortlist I considered).

Dog Days are Over is probably the song I’ve heard more than any other on this list. It’s a great song, and certainly parts of it have a pump up vibe (I always love the “Run fast for your mother” part coming off the pause)

This round will be easy on all of you:

Round 6: Submit a song by a British artist/musical group

That’s it. Is it a song? Did a British person/people perform it? Submit it!

Yeah I like Florence + the Machine too, Ship to Wreck is my favorite but Dog Days is a great one too.

And Godzilla by BOC has always been a favorite of mine but I’m not sure I’d call it a pump up song.

It needed more cowbell, imo.