Music All you fun king funking lovers love

More Henry Fucking Wagons for you

It’s a TISM night!!

best lyrics

all of them you cunt1

So…
Since ya probably think I listen to shit or – whatever— This is for you. This is excellent! Voice and piano, just damned so good. The measure of art is how it catches humanity, a brief piece of who we are.

So fucking simple. (for those of you that don’t like the word fuck. Fuck you.) The next post will explain better where I am at.

“Royal Jelly”

Oh no, ooh Noel
There ain’t no light at the end of the tunnel
Oh oh, don’t ya know
There ain’t no gold at the end of the rainbow
Oh no, oh no Noel
There’s ain’t no light at the end of the tunnel
Oh oh, don’t ya know
There ain’t no gold…

If you wanna be Queen Bee
Then you better make honey
If you wanna be Miss Thing
Then you better start hustling

Noel, know how you feel
You want it all and you want it easy
Well then, seat buckles locked
Going straight to the top but you might get queasy
All that, glitters you see
May not be gold but it sure is shiny
Come on, our seat buckles locked
Going straight to the top…

If you wanna be Queen Bee
Then you better make honey
If you wanna be Miss Thing
Then you better start hustling

Honey, so sweet, so swee-eeeet
Honey, so sweet, so swee-eeeet

If you wanna be Queen Bee (Oooo, Oooo, Oo-ooo)
Then you better make honey (Oooo, Oooo, Oo-ooo)
If you wanna be Miss Thing (Oooo, Oooo, Oo-ooo)
Then you better start hustling (Oooo, Oooo, Oo-ooo)
Noel, you gotta make the gold at the end of the rainbow

Bolded mine you fucks. Do you see it? I hope you do.

More please.

1 Like

I dunno music, but once in a while I’ll do a dive into music from other places, top 40 stuff from other countries. Hear some interesting stuff. Maybe not deep or impactful, but I interesting.

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do, Solstice tomorrow have to worship the gods. Here’s something new from Jack White in the mean time.

So if you haven’t figured it out I prefer rock bands with female leads. Here’s one that isn’t breaking any new ground but they are hitting all the rock points as needed, The Pretty Reckless.

I guess the lead singer was/is an actress on a popular tv show. I don’t know I don’t watch TV. I do know I lover her voice, the coat flip reveals a nice bonus.

Here’s a throw back to Robert Randolph the master of the “sacred steel.”

Everybody needs more love, well, except maybe Stevie and his 4 women. This is a longer one with a blues groove so If’n that’s not your thing skip it.

And finally here’s a cover of Fox Lady from last May.

1 Like

So i mention my preference for female leads. It wasn’t always that way. back in the day yeah I like Heart and Blondie but they were just groups in a plethora of many other groups. A few songs pulled me over. Here is one of them. This song haunts me to this day, the voice, the tone, the lyrics. I will not tell you why, some things even I won’t reveal.

2 Likes

The String Cheese Incident. I like how this sight nags you to not post so many posts in a row. It can go fuck itself, but I like being nagged in a way that I can ignore. Here’s a ncie jam for all y’all.

This is here cause music is sex. Just sayin’.

For all y’all mushroom people sitting around all day…

1 Like

The intro for the “Heaven Knows” video reminds me of this one: Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock (Official Music Video) - YouTube

1 Like

Holly Bowling is one of my favorite piano artists. She made her mark covering some Phish and Grateful Dead jams. I got the privilege to see her in concert in a tiny (maybe 50 seats) venue a couple of years ago. Her fingers flew across the keys and the harmonies resonated as if the full band was on the stage.

Holly Bowling - Harry Hood (Phish) - March 27th, 2016 - Seattle - YouTube

1 Like

Here Come the Mummies are a funkadelic, innuendo-heavy, party rock band. I saw them in concert a couple of years ago at the end of the first day of a 2-day bike ride / music party:

Pants - Here Come the Mummies - YouTube

1 Like

I wouldn’t have recognized her, but apparently she was Cindy Lou Who!

1 Like

The Pretty Reckless are great, and Taylor is a great singer. I really want to see them in concert. They might be the best rock band out there right now.

It is almost too bad that she was a child actress, because people may avoid listening to TPR because they associate her with her former acting career.

It’s also too bad that they hyper-sexualize her for marketing the band. People may think they have lesser talent as a rock band because they are dependent on a naked chick to sell records (she’s naked on at least 2 album covers).

Actually, I don’t think that she’s unattractive, but she’s not a 10 on a Hollywood scale. She is tall and slim and has gobs of pretty blond hair, so the marketers of the band lead with that. Their videos feature lots of fast edits& cuts, tons of makeup & eyeliner on her, and often her hair partially obscuring her face.

Isn’t this pic of her a little weird?

1 Like

No love for the bass? Maybe this post will change your mind.

One of my very favorite songs of all time.

Yesterday, YouTube, for some odd reason, recommended the following video to me. Equally inexplicably, I clicked on it. I enjoyed it, and some of it reminded me of Mazzy Star’s brand of psychedelia. There are clearly other influences and minimal playful but less “Hope-ful” vocals. I thought you might enjoy it too, Mr. Fun King:

2 Likes

I’ve seen Holly at a small venue as well, although she was playing as part of Ghost Light. She’s great.