Music All you fun king funking lovers love

A contrast in tone - banal, shallow, happy

Oooh wait! I found something shallower, more banal, and perfect for what it is.

A bit of something to cleanse the palate.

1 Like

Didnā€™t think anyone else has ever heard or Mandolin Orange, or Watchtower as they now call themselves.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a song about the lyrics and the attitude

Donā€™t you mind people grinninā€™ in your face
Donā€™t mind people grinninā€™ in your face
You just bear, ooh, this in mind
A true friend is hard to find

You know your mother would talk about you
Your sisters and your brothers too
Donā€™t care how you try to live
Talk about you still

Yes, bear this in mind, a true friend is hard to find
Donā€™t mind people grinninā€™ in your face

Oh, just bear this in mind, a true friend is hard to find

Jack Whites says this is his favorite song. Thinking about his style and career I see why. Hereā€™s Jack in full stage passion.

And I thank Jack 'cause I doubt these covers would exist without his influence.

Side note: This speaks to me, this song, these lyrics. Not that I needed reassurance, The most common curse I heard from my father was I would cut off my nose to spite my face. Itā€™s nice to know that others are out there, doing what they need to do, despite the powers that be, grinning.

1 Like

1964 Howlinā€™ Wolf Smoke Stack Lightingā€™

Howling Wolf recorded Smoke Stack Lighting in 1956. It is one of the most influencial songs in rock and roll. I was going to list a few of the covers, but no, there are too many.

Hereā€™s one from a few years ago

Are they covering Howling Wolf or the Yardbirds?

A bit of Eric Gales jamming a classic. I love the left handed guitar. Iā€™m left handed and the only guitar lessions I had as a kid was how to play a right handed guitar. They didnā€™t stick.

1 Like

The funny thing is, Gales isnā€™t left handed - he just learned guitar from his left-handed brother.

I wanna love ya!

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

This oneā€™s fun to watch the cameramen and editors trying to keep up with the song.

2 Likes

great live show. lots of energy. (they opened for the ramones when i saw them in the late 90s)

1 Like
1 Like

That was one of the very few shows I got kicked out of. It was a small club and I crowd surfed up to the front and got dumped on stage. The bouncers shuffled me out the back door and I just came around to the front and walked back in. I think Descendants opened that show. Fun times.

2 Likes