Music All you fun king funking lovers love

Someone needs to write an essay/book on the greatness of rock n roll and its multicultural foundations and its universal effect throughout the human condition. Here’s some Thai rockabilly cause – damn.

1 Like

I talk a bit about lyrics. The words, even if you aren’t actively listening, matter and worm their way into your brain. Not just like ad jingles but as in they effect the way you think. Anyway, it’s kinda late in the evening for me to be waxing truehumanity. Here is soething that proves my point by being shit. If you don’t listen to this, good for you. If you do and end it early, good for you. Texas “Hippie” Coalition are competent musicians but their songs suck like these lyrics suck.

Just to be an asshole here’s a comparison to the lyrics from the shit above, a nice song that covers a similar topic.

So how the fun king fuck do I follow a classic like that. Hmmm. Switchup? More of the same? Something brand new? I’ll have to give it some thought as I listen to that on repeat…

Ok. So. Back to the normal not cultural icons music.

I love all y’all. Yeah, I clicked on this cause of the picture. I was not disappointed.

1 Like

Pussy Riot are a Russian band covering what seems to be universal truths.

1 Like
2 Likes

Now up to 18 views. You’ve helped more than triple their exposure!

1 Like

FYI, we’re not here for the lyrics.

So this is for you.

As this link illustrates lyrics aren’t needed for musical art.

2 Likes

The theory of art I subscribe to is that art is and impression of the essence of human existence, our desire to express and experience what is True. Truth, the ideal, the actual is framed and formatted poorly by our imperfect senses and intellect. Self-conscious we recognize our limitations, curious, we seek something to transcend these limitations. Science reveals a granularity of knowledge limited by our intellect; art reaches past the granularity with a mirror. Art reveals humanity for what we are, the truth of humanity.

The lyrics matter. Just
As the notes matter. Just
As the rhythm matters. Just
As the vision matters.
Just as you matter. Just as
You matter.

side note: I wrote this while listening to this. Gismo Graf & friends au festival Django Reinhardt 2018 - YouTube

1 Like