MREs ration packs

Ever tried eating MREs? I just bought 2 boxes off ebay.

:popcorn: ← not an mre

They are okay. Some almost good, some pretty bad.

No desire to try them again. It’s like Lunchables level of edible. Albeit typically hot with the built-in heat pack.

If you’re looking for reviews, this guy on YouTube eats a bunch, some of them are quite old.

They’re fun to eat. It’s exciting opening all the little packages. I wouldn’t make a habit out of it due to the very high sugar content.

Ya I know of that guy.

true

My MREs are here! shipping was so fast!

Less than two hours…that is fast.

1 Like

No, I bought them a few days ago.

Do either of them include the tiny bottle of Tabasco?

I’m not sure yet. I hope so.

We had them for lunch during Desert Storm when I was in 6th grade.

Really? Why?

It was some kind of support the troops thing or something. We also had a soldier come and talk about being over there too. That was 31 years ago so my memories are pretty vague.

cool!

1 Like

Not MRE, but I’ve tried some dehydrated meals while camping, would definitely recommend for hiking camping, but you need to add your own boiling water.

Remember:

1. Even the military doesn’t want its troops eating MREs for more than a couple of days in a row.

2. One of the military considerations for circumstances where a soldier might need to survive on MREs for a couple of days is a desire to not have to deal with too much poop. The implications of this are left as an exercise for the reader.

Point 2 is the reason I keep a couple of tubs of dehydrated food around in case of disaster, rather than a couple of cases of MREs.

1 Like

My oldest son is in the Marines. When he says hey, anyone want to try MREs with me? it’s not because you’re sitting down to something akin to a Thanksgiving Dinner, unless you’re thinking of one out of a horror movie.

1 Like