Mocking poor grammar, spelling, and word misuse for our own amusement

Sure, I don’t think there’s sufficient evidence in the photo alone to say where in the world it was taken.

1 Like

“Where in the world is Carmen San Diego this Wal*Mart?”

“This is not the first time me and Noah have reported on raccoons in the school,” said Morgan Eye who is a journalism student at the high school.

The first rule of journalism: get a good editor who will correct your grammar.

1 Like

I blame the raccoon for interrupting the grammar lesson.

1 Like

A gofundme page has been created for she and her family

I’m going to a visitation, followed by a funeral mass, followed by an internment in a few days.

1 Like

Fun trivial fact: Passed by Manzanar this weekend. I always think about stopping, but I was not driving this time.

1 Like

I remember the memorial at the Puyallup Fairgrounds to those interned there. It was a temporary facility though as they transferred law-abiding Americans further inland for the crime of having Japanese ancestry. Manzanar would be interesting. I’ve never been to any of the regular internment camps, just the Puyallup Fairgrounds (which just has a statue & a plaque… it’s still actively in use as a fairground).

1 Like

And lost their possessions that they couldn’t carry with them, though there are some awesome stories of neighbors buying houses and businesses and giving them back to the Americans when they returned.

2 Likes

“We are grateful that this accident wasn’t worse and all involved are on the painful road to recovery.”

Anyone else think the “we” in that were also “grateful all involved are on the painful road to recovery?”

Yeah, poorly worded.

All involved are on the painful road to recovery and we are grateful that this accident wasn’t worse.

Or

We are grateful that this accident wasn’t worse and we wish all involved the best on their painful road to recovery.

Lots of better/clearer ways to write that.

It was a police agency post about kids involved in a wreck of a golf cart on city streets/sidewalks. Still debating whether I want to be that pedantic and post.

You’re in the right thread. No debate necessary.

1 Like

7 Likes

I just got an email asking for “monitory donations”

1 Like

Visited the Audubon Zoo while in New Orleans for SoA Life Meeting. Posted a few photos on Facebook. The Facebook link identified it as “Aubodon Zoo.”

1 Like

the office has a room or two still filled with old CRT monitors. perhaps you could offer those?

1 Like

At least it’s not corrected as the Omadhaun Zoo.

This made me think of you guys

1 Like

Obviously east coaster, using “on” instead of “in.” Like “standing on line.”

1 Like