Mocking poor grammar, spelling, and word misuse for our own amusement

Just look at sum of my passed threads/posts. Their are prolly alot out they’re.

Your rong.

Don’t they normally finish off beef with corn? Corn is still a vegetable, right?

On the cob or creamed and such I’d be willing to consider it a vegetable. In bread I’d call it a grain.

What the cows eat I’d call closer to “grain”. And it’s not really their “natural” food.

If I had a small farm I imagine I’d feed the cows grain and forage, and the pigs would get leftover vegetables and such.

There’s not a clear line between these things though.

And my original comment was based on a joke I once heard about creating a machine that would turn vegetables into bacon…

Follow the chain far enough, it could.

Last time I checked, plants flourish with fertilizer.

1 Like

I stand corrected!

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s my go-to Thursday morning breakfast spot.

1 Like

what do you want to order?

the days of the week

3 Likes

My GUESS is

1. Closed Tuesdays

2. Open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 4PM - 1AM

3. Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday 11 AM - 1 AM

(Midnight - 1AM considered previous day)

But that is a poorly spaced / punctuated sign!!!

1 Like

I think Twig is probably correct. All they would need to do is move the ‘closed Tuesday’ to the bottom and it would be pretty clear imo

1 Like

Or a period after Tuesday and a comma after the first 1AM.

I’m sure @twig93 is correct, but I thought the sign was fairly obvious, but fit the thread quite nicely.

Did anyone really not understand the sign after reading it a second time? I mean without the correct punctuation, it was easily misunderstood initially. But after reviewing it seemed pretty obvious, didn’t it? I just assumed twig was being twig.

Here’s a couple of choice specials from the menu board of a restaurant I was in last night:

Salisbery steak
Swarma wrap w/ tzaki, bruchetta

That’s a lot of errors!

I’m looking at a banner with an it’s / its error.

Obligatory Monty Python gif:

2 Likes

I get busted for using member months vs members a lot. Thank gawd for peer reviews. Cause board members would be more annoyed with me.

1 Like

How about a simple misusage of a Latin phrase?
Chip Kelly UCLA Fuh-baw Coach, talking about NILs:

Kelly said more than 140 businesses had registered with the Westwood Exchange program that connects companies, donors, fans and alumni with UCLA athletes seeking NIL deals. Not every Bruin wants to commit to adding to an already hectic schedule.

“The thing is, it’s really the guys who want to do it,” Kelly said. “Not everybody wants to be involved in it, not everybody wants to make the time, because you have to show work. This is not a quid pro quo; you have to do work. So if you want to make money in name, image and likeness, you have to be willing to go do the work that you have to do in name, image and likeness.

Um, I believe getting paid for working is the very definition of “quid pro quo.”

2 Likes

Boom! Added!