Marijuana decriminalization progress

Probably similar support for a public health insurance option but good luck with that. Politicians do not always act on the wishes of the majority of voters.

It’s high, though we’ve had filibusters on other ultra-popular democratic bills.

It’s the same thing basically. You can think of Manchin as the worst Democrat, or the best Republican. We want to blame the guys in the middle, but really, a law like this should pass 90/10 or 80/20 or something, but the US is broken.

My mom similarly hates Susan Collins, and it doesn’t really make any sense. She happens to be in the middle with middling constituents. It’s not really her fault, unless she’s intentionally playing kingmaker for power.

1 Like

I know I’ll sound like a broken record* here, but I have to mention that the first 10 states that legalized marijuana did it by initiative.

What do we do when something is popular but politicians won’t act? Well, in about half the states, citizens can go around the legislature and get a direct vote.

Not only does that get the measure passed in those states. It also shows legislatures in other states that the issue has support from people who take the time to vote.

'* That’s a reference to vinyl records, for those who aren’t geezers.

3 Likes

Not just marijuana either.

Oregon legalized psilocybin as well, rightfully so. MJ and psychedelics are probably the top two drugs that should be legalized.

It is a shame that medical research on psilocybins was restricted for so many years. I expect psilocybins will be legalized in Canada for medical reasons in not too distant future. Province of Alberta already has.

The business of mail order magic mushrooms is not really policed here in BC.

Oh boy, tell me more!

:laughing:

Another bot I see. @SpaceLobster what’s the procedure for these?

1 Like

Thanks. I hit a delete and block button and they’re gone.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/GovTimWalz/status/1618062633382596608?t=WC_JC9zoLwzV6V1dCg-xYA&s=19

Minnesotans are ready to legalize adult-use cannabis and expunge cannabis convictions in our state – and I’m ready to sign it into law.

From our Governor

3 Likes

let’s get stoned!

The 2022 election flipped the MN senate from R to D, giving the Ds a trifecta. Sometimes, elections have consequences.

Minnesotans are going further than some other states:

On-site consumption permits could be approved for events, and cannabis delivery services would be permitted under the bill.

Unlike in many legal states, local municipalities would be banned from prohibiting marijuana businesses from operating in their areas,

And, of course:

It would promote social equity, in part by ensuring that diverse licensing by scoring equity applicants higher.

I didn’t see anything about number of licenses. Are they limited?

Minnesota Lawmakers Approve Marijuana Legalization Bill In Another House Committee, With First Senate Hearing Set This Week - Marijuana Moment.

I always thought of MN as hard blue.

Big gay central

Does anyone know where I can procure high quality metal fasteners?

Bolt depot. It is a thing. Used them for my 2021 deck build. Ianar.

2 Likes

what’s that for?

Oh, you weren’t here on rivet day?

I’m so lost.

Is this about MJ?

One of the bots posted a couple of weeks ago, and when they came back and edited the post they had a link to a website where you could buy rivets. It was such a weird edit and it’s kind of stuck.

1 Like

Not sure which of those things is surprising to you?
The delivery? State currently allows liquor delivery.
We have had onsite THC consumption for over six months, and the world has not ended.
Also, I don’t think municipalities can ban alcohol in MN, so this also tracks.

Also very happy about how eqyuty based licensing is playing out in the planning along with the expungement of past convictions.

It is like nearly every state, cities and college towns blue, everything else red witu brain rot.