March Madness 2023 (a.k.a the annual Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament)

IOW, discobot throws P S S P S

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Chatgpt gave me a long winded answer as to it not having emotions and then told me what it’s first five throws were going to be.

We’re up to 20 players now - thanks, y’all! :+1:

And due to circumstances beyond your control, we will be kicking off the RPS tournament one day later, on Tuesday, March 7th… which means that sign-ups are now extended until 6 PM Monday, March 6th!
:party:

So let’s see if we can get a full 32 player bracket for the 20th anniversary game, eh?

1 Like

IN fear the RND() function

:popcorn:

Oh sure, I’ve never played before but why not?

A rookie won last year.

1 Like

Beginner’s luck!

Up to 22 players, with less than one day to sign-up… so there’s still time! :slight_smile:

Ha, them’s fightin’ words. @UltimateAnyone , is this the thread? I don’t want to waste any trash talk unless it is! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Count me in.

I’m in!

1 Like

Wait for it…

j/k

I think

1 Like

I have a new strategy this year.

=if(iseven(rand()),“S”,if(isodd(rand()),“P”,“R”))

1 Like

… and sign-ups are now closed. Stay tuned for the matchups! :popcorn:

1 Like

:popcorn:

… and the brackets are now set for March Madness 2023!!

:party: :party:

As usual, the seeding is solely on the order of signing up, with the exception of our reigning Regional champions getting the #1 seeds. However… since Snake did not show up for a title defense, the #1 seed for the final region goes to the first non-#1 seed to sign-up - congrats JFG! :clap:

After a second recount (don’t ask), we ended up with 27 players, which means all the #1 seeds will get a BYE in the first round, as well as the first #2 seed to sign up (Echo). ALL matches this year will be best of 7 games, so plan your strategeries accordingly!

… and with that, I think we’re ready - let the Tournament begin!!! :partying_face:

Good luck, everyone!

SteveGrondin Region

StevGrondin   ---- StevGrondin   
(BYE)

IPD         0
BruteForce  0

-----------------------------------

NmrclNeurot 0
Klaymen     0

twig93      0
Doctor_Who  0

Vorian_Atreides Region

VorianAtrds   ---- VorianAtrds  
(BYE)

MayanActry  0
Tiffany     0

MtnHawk     0
Kid_Rock    0

Whiskey     0
1695814     0

soyleche Region

soyleche      ---- soyleche   
(BYE)

meep        0
A_Student   0

OutdoorAct  0
JohnSMill   0

WishBear    0
SteveWhite  0

Snake Region

JFG            ---- JFG
(BYE)

skysn93     0
Actuary321  0

ALivelySed  0
AbstractAct 0

Echo           ---- Echo
(BYE)

Key: * indicates throws submitted; # indicates throws need to be turned in or you will be booted

2 Likes

Wait…Echo gets a bye!?! I have questions. Particularly given no ‘In’ post. And not a person. How’s she gonna submit throws?? BARK! = R; BARK! BARK! = P; YAP! = S ?!?!?

/s

1 Like

Squirrel. Paper. Chicken. :dog: