March Madness 2022 (a.k.a the annual Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament)

Not if you just lose the first three throws like I do.

5 Likes

Quick Summary:
:skull_and_crossbones:

Okay, that really wasn’t much of a summary, given it was Game 5, Winner-Take-All, for the fourth and final seat in the Final Four!! :popcorn:

The other three Regional Titleholders didn’t fare so well this year, but ao_fan was going strong, even up 2-0 in this match… and then soyleche came storming back!

Was this all part of ao_fan’s master plan, toying with the opposition? Perhaps it was soyleche playing the long game? :thinking:

We know Game 4 went 5 throws… how many did it take this time??

It only took one throw… a throw of P…

that enabled soyleche to complete the comeback and move on to the Final Four!!

It was a great match by you both, and very fitting that the final spot would go the full distance! Great job in building up the suspense for everyone!! :clap: :clap:

MayanActuary Region - won by Vorian_Atreides

ALivelySedative Region - won by Snake

Doctor_Who Region - won by SteveGrondin

ao_fan Region

soyleche defeats ao_fan in Game 5, soyleche wins (3-2)
P ao_fan
S soyleche

ao_fan        ---- ao_fan      3 ---- ao_fan      2
(BYE)

Tiffany     3 ---- Tiffany     1
Actuary321  1

-----------------------------------

soyleche      ---- soyleche    3 ---- soyleche    3 ---- soyleche *FINAL FOUR*
(BYE)

OutdoorAct  2
Klaymen     3 ---- Klaymen     2

Key: * indicates throws submitted; # indicates throws need to be turned in or you will be booted

Note: Completed Region details found in Post 3

1 Like

:frowning:

2 of the 4 final four entrants are also in my Time Wars game … coincidence? Probably.

1 Like

I do appreciate Snake going for a quick death.

Congrats and GL @soyleche . Was the “I hate chicken” quote where you found your motivation?

:party:

Thanks for the game ao_fan. It was a nail biter.

1 Like

I like to make the death quick so I can get to the drinking wine from the empty skulls of my vanquished foes faster.

1 Like

Okay, this made me laugh.

:bacon::fried_egg: :popcorn:

… and with that last match wrapping up, we know have our Final Four! Congrats to Vorian_Atreides, Snake, SteveGrondin, and soyleche for making it to the Final Four! :clap: :clap:

The good news for you four is that you’ve accomplished a major milestone; however, now the hard part begins: Which one of you will claim the March Madness 2022 championship? You’re now facing battle-tested opponents, so it’s not going to be easy… but it should be entertaining for the rest of us! :popcorn:

So without further ado, let the Final Four begin!

Final Four - all matches are Best of 7

VorianAtrds 0
Snake       0

StevGrondin 0
soyleche    0

2 Likes

Side observation: Apparently the secret to winning this year is to have a name starting with S - will scissors play an extra critical role this year? :thinking:

(And note the one exception to the rule starts with V, which is short for Spock :vulcan_salute: in RPSSL… so perhaps that exception really isn’t an exception. :man_shrugging: )

{And in case you don’t recall, Spock smashes scissors, for what it’s worth.}

3 Likes

:popcorn:
+
:beer:
.____
:partying_face:

And we are officially underway!!

:party:

And these players are rarin’ to go - everyone’s got their first throws in already! :+1:

As expected, Scissors played a large role here (although with mixed results… which may or may not’ve been expected :man_shrugging: ).

Keep those throws coming!!

Final Four- all matches are Best of 7

VorianAtrds defeats Snake in Game 1, VorianAtrds leads (1-0)
R VorianAtrds
S Snake

StevGrondin defeats soyleche in Game 1, StevGrondin leads (1-0)
S StevGrondin
P soyleche

VorianAtrds 1
Snake       0

StevGrondin 1
soyleche    0

i guess being named after a dead forum was bad luck for my staying alive in this.

The power of V takes the leed!

I mistook you for a chump that was going to open with paper. I see you are better prepared than the juvenile slugs I have faced up to this point. You’ve studied my openings and correctly guessed that I’d use the traditional Pembroke opening. As a student of the game, you must expect me to now counter with a Toledo transfer. Well, the jig is up because I’m on to you VA! I won’t be taken like some drunk farmer picked up by an alien ship!

1 Like

Wow, these players really want to play! We’ve got another full update already - well done! :+1:

That being said, half of you may change your mind on those quick throws… and the apparent frequent appearance of Scissors in these Finals was just a mirage.

Final Four - all matches are Best of 7

VorianAtrds defeats Snake in Game 2, VorianAtrds leads (2-0)
R-P VorianAtrds
R-R Snake

StevGrondin defeats soyleche in Game 2, StevGrondin leads (2-0)
P StevGrondin
R soyleche

VorianAtrds 2
Snake       0

StevGrondin 2
soyleche    0

Going for the old rope-a-dope I see.

1 Like

Snake fell for the third classic blunder!

I wonder if he’s one of those things on a heavier-than-air death trap that Samuel L. Jackson was talking about in rather colorful language . . . That might explain a few things . . .