Lighting a match from a book of matches

not all bathrooms have fans, especially on timers.

anyone can have a book of matches or a small candle

I have a bathroom fan that does get used, but the match works pretty much right away. A match is way better than any deodorizer spray, as that makes the bathroom smell like flowers and turds.

I voted 1, but often I donā€™t bother closing the cover.

Sometimes a fan is insufficient.

Daniel Inouye

whoa whoa whoa

Blue Tips were perfect for scamps like young me who needed to light firecrackers in peopleā€™s mailboxes. On the 4th of July, cuz freedumb!!!

1 Like

Fun fact: I grew up in Ohio.

Did you, now?
Well, bring on over a covered dish and weā€™ll discuss it over some Little Kings!

I live in a house with five people (four of them males) and one bathroom and we donā€™t have a working bathroom fan but Iā€™ve never felt the need to use a match.

And, youā€™ve had COVID for how long now??

2 Likes

AND my home office is off the bathroom, with the bathroom being the only way in.

Itā€™s been an interesting 21 months.

I didnā€™t know option 1 was even possible.

Those matches are flimsy, how do you keep them firm against the strip?

That was the argument for method 2. The fire hazard risk was the argument against it.

So did anyone else use a one handed method of bending the match down and around to the striking strip then using their thumb to strike the match while palming the pack? After a few strikes every time you opened the cover you had a porcupine of burnt matches.

1 Like

If Iā€™m reading this JFG-speak correctly, the most common purpose of match lighting in his house is NSFW.

Oh! This is one of those JFG euphemisms for making love? Makes so much more sense now. :confused:

I thought he was saying it was for after you poop to make the bathroom smell ok :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I was imagining a lot of melted candle wax, but then again I might just be a pervert?

2 Likes