Life Decisions Thread

My wife and my parents are the only other people on Earth who care as much about my life as I do so I make decisions for me instead of letting people make them for me.

This is a great song to help you make your decision:

Do I stop at ACAS

Will it improve your long term happiness if you do it? If so, do it.

I make small decisions by analyzing it all to death. I make big life decisions based on my gut.

Yes. Do it. Go at it balls out blasting. Overdo it. Push way past that comfort zone into the wide open spaces. Leave your walls behind. Like Willem’s character or Willem.

No Problem

https://i.imgur.com/F8F5S4Q.jpg

1 Like

what if it will improve your long-term happiness, but cause misery of someone else as a result? still do it?

Hmmm good point. Probably depends both on the other person and why they would be getting misery from my decision.

It’s almost like you can’t boil decisions down to one thing.

example - divorce, cheating, etc.

What if not doing it will cause five random people to be run over by the trolley?

Sounds like the lead into a great BBQ!

Hmmmmm I’d like to know more about these random people. Are they noisy jerks?

Cheating probably won’t bring you long term happiness in most cases, divorce could make someone miserable but if that person is emotionally/verbally/physically abusive I’d still say go for it even if it makes them miserable.

The spouse isnt abusive. You are just not attracted to them and you found someone hotter who you want to be with. Also say there are kids involved

Yep, that’s a situation that would require more than just considering your happiness.

If A and B are married and A is no longer attracted to B but B would be miserable without A (as was stated earlier) and neither party is abusive…

If A put as much energy into the marriage as he/she was willing to put into the potential affair then A could probably find some happiness in the marriage. I think a lot of people just stop trying. They treat love as a feeling rather than an action.

3 Likes

Hopefully he isn’t considering murder/suicide and we are all just egging him on.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why the answer isnt always yes!

So did you do it?

Yes. So far, so good.

2 Likes

Now that “the moment” has passed are you going to share details? Or did you really mean “I am never going to share details”?