LaTeX enthusiasts

OK now do me. What’s the code for my tattoo? Seems like a better signature than what I have now!

Think I have that, or something similar, saved somewhere. Should find it by tonight.

I just used one $ at the start and end.

And I don’t have to start a new line either. \sigma^2

Unfortunately quoting someone’s post doesn’t reveal their code. That’s too bad.

Repeating the Test. Just checking whether some things are in the MathJax set or are actuarial extensions. This is something Bama Gambler posted on the AO, just changing the delimiters and some other BB code

The structure of this post is
First, the name of the symbol
Second, the tex expression to generate it, without any tags that generate Tex
Third the displayed symbol (which actually reflects three lines by me. The $$ tag to start the Tex, the expression on the next line, then the $$ tag to end the Tex on the third line.

Certain annuity-due:

\ddot{a} *{\overline{n}|} =

\ddot{a}* {\overline{n}|}

Complete life expectancy:
\overset{\circ}e_x =

\overset{\circ}e_x

Temporary life expectancy:

\overset{\circ}e_{x:\overline{n}|} =

\overset{\circ}e_{x:\overline{n}|}

Continuous term insurance:

\bar{A} *{\overset{1}x:\overline{n}|} =

\bar{A}* {\overset{1}x:\overline{n}|}

Screen shot of what one of those looks like, as I compose it
Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 6.24.59 PM

Glenn’s tattoo
\overline{A}_{\overset{1}x:\overline{n}|}=\int_0^{n} e^{-\delta t} ; {t}p_x {\mu}{x+t} dt

I can’t display my code exactly right; what displays in the line above as “;” after “delta t}” is actually a “backslash;”. See attached screenshot.
It’s used to increase spacing slightly.

\overline{A}_{\overset{1}x:\overline{n}|}=\int_0^{n} e^{-\delta t} \; {_t}p_x {\mu}_{x+t} dt

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 9.33.52 PM

Testing

\overline{A}_{\overset{1}x:\overline{n}|}=\int_0^{n} e^{-\delta t} \; {_t}p_x {\mu}_{x+t} dt

So, not working in signature. hmmm.

So, we won’t be having latex in signatures. Sorry.
Dev guy says that the latex interpreter is tied to the posts, and the signature lines are just tacked in on the fly when a post is displayed, and there’s no practical way to get the signature interpreted through latex as a result.
Dang it. I wanted it in my sig.

Note that within TeX, $ will format the tex-code as in-line while $$ will format the tex-code in “display” format–put it on a line by itself and center it. x^2

$$x^2$$

So it seems that $$ isn’t working for me . . .

$$x^2$$

x^2

Hmm, $$ doesn’t work for me either.

Try putting them on their own lines.

x^2

I see, the “$$” have to be on their own lines.

Ah . . . thanks ttg. :toth:

\int_0^\infty \frac{x}{x+1}dx=\infty
\tau^{\exp \left(s \cdot t \right)}
\newcommand\given[1][]{\:#1\vert\:} (X \given \text{data}) \sim \text{Pareto}(\alpha = \alpha^*, \theta = \beta^*)