Is inflation back?

Non-lethal, so does not apply. Also, I’m still in charge of deciding when they open or not. Matter of fact, all the cars I’ve bought had every window openable with a toggle from the driver’s seat. 'cause, I want to control the air in and out at all times.

Now, if there was some computer-driven program that automatically opened and shut windows based on, say, lack of oxygen (or too much sulfur) content, either inside or outside the car (going past a cow “manufacturing plant”), I’d certainly decline that “advancement.” Then, your point would be apt.

1 Like

Horses have their own brains That seems to me the complete opposite of human control.

Matter of fact, the horse analogy is more in tune with having someone/something else drive you. What you, JSM, would actually prefer in a car, instead of a car you have to learn how to drive.

If you think this is an apt analogy you’re beyond. Feel free to just get on a horse and pray that you get to your destination.

Yeah, I think it’s extremely apt.

1 Like

AV literally already drive themselves everyday right now for thousands of miles.

But no, you want to be in “full control”, and think AVs and horses are more similar.

i stopped listening to music while driving for more than 5 yrs. I only listen to podcasts now

How on earth does an automatic transmission get me killed again? If anything it probably goes the other way because you’re so distracted by the basic functioning of the tool as to not have maximum focus for higher level thinking!

DTNF is short of wanting to BE the car, so he can really be totally aware and have full control.

1 Like

Yeah, I have kind of begrudgingly accepted that this is a necessity. I had already replaced many with CDs, but not all. And some are not available as CDs, like some garage band that was selling $5 cassettes at a concert but they broke up before CDs became a thing. Or a concert that I sang in that someone recorded. But I will live without those. :sob:

Does not compute. No PCs with CD readers at casa de twig.

Also, twig does not own an iPod. Seems like a lot of hassle.

Because you’re not forced to pay as much attention. I notice this when I go back & forth from manual to automatic.

It’s called adaptive cruise control. But if you’re looking to accelerate while passing, you probably shouldn’t have ANY cruise control on.

1 Like

Pintos went for thousands of miles without exploding too. Still not a vehicle I’m interested in owning. :woman_shrugging:

whales have hands?

1 Like

Also, I have just learned there are a lot of people on this thread I never want to be a car passenger with when you’re driving.

How difficult is it for y’all to pay attention to your driving? What the hell are you doing in there?!

That said, I hate cruise control.

not the point I was addressing, I was responding to DTNF’s ridiculous comparison

In my car:
I can override it by pushing on the accelerator.
I can adjust the following distance.
If I’m on the freeway, looking to pass the car ahead, and flip on the turn signal, the car accelerates a little on it’s own.
And, if I want regular cruise instead of adaptive, I have an option for that.

The annoying thing is when the car in front is slowing to turn, and I can see it will be out of the way by the time I get there, the adaptive cruise slows down because it doesn’t identify “slowing to turn with room” as a thing.

i’ve never noticed this. my amt of attention to the road is the same regardless if i’m driving an auto or a stick

try that with a car that has auto braking, it literally freaks out

It seemed like an apt comparison to me. :woman_shrugging:

How?

His whole argument is that he wants cars to be as manual as possible so he can have full control and always be alert. He doesn’t even trust automatic transmission for that reason.

If that’s his whole argument, then horses are in no way the same as AVs. AVs take you to places without your having any control. Horses take you nowhere.

It wasn’t even a discussion about the benefits of AV or cars or horses. It was about whether or not he’s in control.

Just because you hate AVs like DTNF doesn’t mean you need to forego logic altogether like he does.