Insomnia

I have not been asleep for many an hour. The Beach Boys “Wouldn’t it be nice” …if you could sleep in, do do do do do do do do dooo is playing in my head. I did not sleep last night for any amount of hours and I am still going at 11:33 PM tonight.

WHY. I. NO. SLEEEEEP?

I should have crashed after my last hour of too many demos today but the kids made me play basketball and eat icecream and now I believe I will never sleep again.

1 Like

I can’t calm my mind tonight. I think it’s going to be a Mt Dew Monday…weight loss goal be damned.

Now that I think about it, I may have had a coffee too late in the day. It was good coffee, though.

Not sleeping well lately. I was dressed for 30 minutes before I realized my shirt was inside out. About 10 minutes after that I dripped toothpaste drool on it. Can we just skip to Friday already?

2 Likes

Not sleepy. Need sleep. Will regret it soon.

2 Likes

@Tiffany I am beginning Effexor tomorrow, off of Wellbutrin. Apparently I’ve developed a habit of sleep-walking and talking in my sleep, fully upright and seemingly cognizant. Don’t recall that however.

Any advice? I should start it today but need to be competent in the AM so I’m keeping on the weaned Wellbutrin dose as I’m about to shift.

Effexor gave me brain zaps. But I’ve heard it works well for the people it works for. Good luck.

I am worried about this. I don’t know what a brain zap even is but you’re the second to say it to me, one being a nurse.

I already had a hallucination event ending with me in the hospital. I’m beginning to think I need to just accept my brain is anxious and trouble breathing will happen. But I am not a doctor so I don’t know.

Edit: Okay brain zaps don’t sound that bad on paper, I’m pretty sure my other issues far outweigh it.

1 Like

Have you ever had to degauss a computer monitor? I’m sure you have. That’s what it feels like, but inside my brain, and it would strike randomly. It’s not painful per se, but it’s an unusual sensation.

If I had to choose between the zaps and being able to function more reliably, I would be able to get past them. I hope you have success with it.

Hah, I’d never encountered the phrase but I know what you mean. Wasn’t a common occurrence while growing up, computers went from being new to us to being relatively modern.

Thanks for the great personal data. I’ll easily take that feel over my other stuff.

1 Like

This sucks.

Yap :cry:

Anyone find anything that helped them STAY asleep for the recommended 8? My doctor offered Ambien but I don’t trust it.

it’s hard to stay asleep.

ambien does better than melatonin in terms of staying asleep, but probably not for 8 hours.

I think the most promising drug is xanax, but I don’t recommend it as a sleeping pill, way too addictive (physically). It knocks me out for 8 hours even after a full night of uppers. But you gotta take like a full bar.

Slept 1 AM to 8 AM with a 2 hour gap sunday night slept 9PM to 7AM last night and here I am at midnight tonight

1 Like

1 Like

Slept 10:30-3:00. Gave up around 3:30 and went downstairs to watch tv on the couch. I think i slept for maybe 30 minutes or so around 4:45.

I feel fine. Not amazing, but not tired. I don’t think i need more than 6 hours of sleep.

I guess i need to decide if i want to just go to bed later or accept starting my day at 4 am and do more productive things than try to squeeze out a bit more sleep on the couch.

I actually slept 8 hours last night. Got up at 4:45 (yes I went to bed that early) did some PT exercises, loaded the dishwasher (I know but I was tired last night), made my breakfast and lunch, go to work early so I could walk for 30 minutes before my work day started. (It was dark so I didn’t want to walk the neighborhood. By the time I got to work it was light enough to walk.)

I wish I knew what was different yesterday that let me sleep all night.

1 Like

I have been doing this a lot. If I’m lying awake and not sleeping I give it 15-30 min and then I get up. If it’s early enough I’ll drink tea and try to go back to sleep. But if it’s after 3 I’ll do some light housework or something. Maybe chop veggies for meals later. Do my physical therapy.

Maybe your body was extra exhausted due to several days of not sleeping well?

Glad you got good rest last night.

1 Like