Innumeracy

Not if you leverage the synergies in a proactive manner!!!

3 Likes

Apparently not. Unless you are calling the sweater manufacturer a liar, and that’s just not nice.

I could believe it if they said 55% & 55% because then they’d be giving 110% like every sports hero ever, but a 60/60 blend is just ridiculous.

3 Likes

Not if one is measured as a % of volume and the other is a % of weight.

Clearly - 20% agrav fiber by weight.

innumeracy

3 Likes

You will give 110%:

1 Like

ITA. My wife says I weigh 125% of my recommended weight. She’s wrong. Unfortunately, wrong low.

Maybe they don’t count the fake reviews in the denominator.

Not exactly innumeracy, but leaning that way: the place where I bought my last car offered me a “great deal” on a new car. Bring in my current paid off 2016MY car for a “great” trade in value, and pick up a new 2022MY of the same make/model for “only” $516/mo for 60 months. Come on man.

Sounds great given you drive a Ferrari.

first google result:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RMISC-22V051-7665.pdf

This is from a video about humans rescuing animals. They want us to know how cold -40C is in Fahrenheit…

1 Like

They didn’t get the memo that 0 degrees Celsius doesn’t equal 0 degrees Fahrenheit.

So close, they did -40 * 9/5 - 32, instead of -40 * 9/5 + 32. I think.

1 Like

There are only 4 facts about F/C that I know off the top of my head. 0C=32F, 100C=212F and -40C=-40F and 98.6F=37C.

1 Like

…and you only need two of them.

1 Like

Another good one is 10C = 50F, both because it is the intersection of the true and simplified conversion (F = 2C + 30), and it can be a good starting point for guesstimating outdoor temps.

1 Like

I remember 16C ≈ 61F for that.

I usually remember 70F ~ 20C because that’s “room temperature”

1 Like