I need a bbq grill

It’s far from going cheap. Is there a natural gas model that has the 4th sear station burner? I have one in mine, I am not a grilling perfectionist and could live without it, but it does help kick up the heat if that is what you want.

Based on your initial post…chicken, burgers, and brats, you will be plenty happy with it. A perfectionist will want a sear station for a pricy steak…I don’t cook steaks often enough to master using it. The lid on the spirit is very heavy and will hold the heat well, even in the middle of the winter. Seems like a good right size option for what you need.

The 310 has a sear burner, so should be great for steaks. It sounds like less cooking area is actually a plus for you, in terms of space, and it should consume less fuel. I’m not sure precisely what the differences are between the Spirit and the Genesis, the latter is maybe made from heavier gauge metal or specs slightly better grates or whatever. The Genesis may carry a better warranty?

I have the equivalent of the 210 from 2008 or so. Except for the issue of not being able to sear a steak I’m perfectly happy with it. It was my primary grill until three or so years ago when I went back to charcoal.

I am not a foodie either. I have used MHP cast aluminum grills for 27 years now, 11 years at current house. They have gone thru several burners, and I changed to stainless racks, but otherwise they have been wonderfully functional. I got them at a local gas grill/fireplace retailer. Perhaps other folks can explain why other materials are superior (heat retention?). Mine certainly don’t rust.

Shop online for a Kalamazoo grill. They cost about the same as a new Camry. But then the high quality Weber grills seem like a bargain in comparison. They last a long time. Plus, you can always get replacement parts from Weber or on the web.

I personally dislike the cheaply made, no-name grills found at many big box stores. I have had a couple, and they rusted out by year 2. Not worth the price, even if it seems like an initial bargain.

Agreed. Mainly, because I’ll have a hard time dumping the old grill. I get two “big trash pickups” per year, and a broken grill would certainly qualify. So, I need to make its breaking more infrequent.

In another thread I noted that I saw the Weber that my bro-in-law bought $100 off (so, add a cover, and it comes out even, AND they put it together). Not sure if I need the iGrill3 anyway, as I have a probe thermometer (not connected to my phone, but, eh, I’m not leaving the grill area), and that would be included in the similar Costco one that I have to time perfectly to be in the store the same time as it’s there.

Weber Spirit II E-310 at Ace. $499, includes assembly.

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/outdoor-living/grills-and-smokers/gas-grills/8863482

Below is a link to a Kalamazoo Grill, with the price listed as only “Starting at $30,695”. I don’t know how much more options can add to that price. It’s funny to think about tho.