I knew I was old when…

Aaron Rodgers, the once young successor to Brett Favre, is getting older and nearing retirement

I think I speak for both @NerdAlert and myself when I say, get out.

1 Like

Together?

IFYP

And for all the eyesight people:

Or I have to sit arms length way from the screens and that is just way too close. I think mine started about then as well.

I have apologized to my old boss for sending him printed spreadsheets where I tried to fit everything I could on them. At the time, I could read them just find. Now I might not be able to read them even with my readers.

I knew I was old when I listened to songs from 15 years ago and think they’re new since they happened after I was in high school and everything after high school is new to me.

Only 15 years ago? You aren’t old…

I knew I was old when i turned 60. That’s old.

I was afraid I was old. But TIL 60 is old, and I’m not 60. Someday, hopefully not soon, I’ll understand how inequalities affect the determination.

1 Like

For most of us this happens sometime between 35-50. Looking over your glasses or taking them off may be a sign you should consider progressives.

It does take some practice, particularly if you have gotten into the habit of taking off your glasses or looking over them. I can still read fine without my glasses, but it’s clearer and more convenient now that I’m used to progressives.

I love having prescription sunglasses, but am not willing to pay for progressive sunglasses. I should probably get some sun readers as they are cheap, but I need to make sure they work OK with electronic displays.

My yard guy wants a check, which is annoying. My pet sitter wants cash, also slightly annoying. Other than that I only write a few checks/year (property tax and I don’t remember what else)

When you realize you’re the same age your parents were when you were in middle school. And you’re like, they didn’t know WTF they were doing, why did I think they did at the time?

But we’d go for cocktails, right??? Mmmmmm, lemon drop martinis…

Go contribute some ARP units.

1 Like

I heard “All I Want for Christmas is You” tonight and remembered that it is more than 25 years old. That’s depressing.

when i hear that song, my first thoughts aren’t how old it is to make me feel old, but how much it sucks and wondering why the fuck we are still listening to garbage like this after 25 years.

1 Like

I don’t mind that song. I have fond memories of the girls choir singing it in high school.

Of any Christmas song written after about the 50s, it’s one of the better ones.

oh, all i want for christmas is you is my most loathed christmas song.

Not even close for me. There are at least a half a dozen that are way worse, and renditions of good songs that are terrible.

1 Like

We can move this discussion to the “worst Christmas songs” thread if you want to continue it.