How to get my car to Hawaii?

Hard to rent a 10 year old car

Swallow

2 Likes

African or European?

2 Likes

Or wait until you were thinking of selling it anyway and then just sell it in Hawaii and buy the new(er) car on the mainland so you only have to ship it one way.

1 Like

Alternative: join a branch of the military and get yourself stationed in Hawaii (not trivial - my brother had to volunteer for Korea first in order to line up a Hawaii PCS) and the military will ship your car for free! on the taxpayers’ dime.

1 Like

Is the Alaska trip going to be like the remainder of your road trip: spend 4-5 days driving to the border, and turn around after you cross the state line?

Pro tip: Driving to Hyder from the lower 48 takes a lot less time than driving to the rest of the state.

For Alaska drive through Canada and get a Province list started

He can take a ferry to Alaska.

I saw this elsewhere and it reminded me of the CS road trips: here is a route map for every city in the US named Cleveland. Could be the next CS road trip.

Next, do Franklin.

Springfield

2 Likes

Theseus had a similar conundrum.

Was going to make a similar comment until I realized I’d be ninja’d by a few days.

Not true. Unless you apply that to ALL the states.

Can you drive in NY w/o driving in Manhattan or on Long Island?

Can you drive in Michigan w/o hitting the UP?

Virginia w/o DelMarVa?

yet, not one like on the original

1 Like

How long are you staying? Why not rent a vehicle.

or if long, buy a used car and resell it when you leave

Yeah, perfect use case for buying a Miata and selling it two months later, imo.

Wait. Why did this pop up to the top of my feed. Before my comment an hour ago, the previous comment was from April 2022!