How safe will you feel when vaccinated?

Agreed. I don’t think he has an underlying condition. He’s just part of the young contingent that thinks they are invincible. :sweat:

wow, that’s scary. for the majority they are, but then there are people like him who apparently are not.

And by the time you find out you’re not, it’s too late. :frowning:

Is he not getting some of the drugs they gave Trump? I would have thought they’d give him dexamethasone, which is one of the drugs they gave Trump. It might be too late for the antibody treatment to be helpful?

It looks like the NIH doesn’t recommend antibodies for people who are sick enough to need hospitalization. Also – it recommends ivermectin if you come from a region where it’s likely you are infected with worms.

I hope he pulls through. I think most hospitalized young adults do. But it must be terrifying.

Idk what exactly he’s been or being treated with.

I attribute their sentiments to “Trump got better with drugs so the kid should too”. They also want him moved to a “better” hospital. They don’t understand that 1) he’s getting the same care where he is that he’d get if they moved him 2) the other hospital wouldn’t take him anyway because (1) and 3) he’s not stable. You can’t just throw an intubated kid in an ambulance. He could die on the elevator ride down.

I agree it has to be terrifying for everyone close to him. Terrified folks aren’t always rational. Ignorant terrified folks probably less so. I feel for them as a parent. But dollars to donuts still none of them are vaccinated. :-/

2 Likes

Yeah, I got the same steroid as Trump. And people here are getting the antibodies but I think you have to catch it quickly (and know to ask for it.)

did trump get the monoclonal antibodies all that quickly?

I didn’t even know he got those. I thought he got remdesivir plus the steroid.

Ok, I googled, and he got the above, plus the antibodies, plus zinc, vitamin D, Melatonin, and something I’m forgetting.

trump got a lot of treatments. i think anything they could throw at him including monoclonal antibodies. google tells me these -

• President Trump has reportedly received Regeneron monoclonal antibodies, remdesivir, dexamethasone, zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin, and aspirin throughout his COVID-19 treatment.

i remember the famotidine craze with covid where i couldn’t fill my subscription of famotidine when i needed it for a legit reflux reason. i assume it was proven not to ultimately do anything for covid, but not sure.

I had Covid a bit before he did and I got all the same except the antibodies (which weren’t being widely used then) and the Melatonin and aspirin. Oh and I did not get the famotidine.

ugh, my uncle just tested positive for covid. he has been in the hospital for something else. fully vaccinated including the booster. they are treating him with monoclonal antibodies. hopefully he’s going to be okay. his only symptoms right now are feeling lethargic. he is 94 years old though :frowning:

i’m worried about my father who is in a nursing home and hasn’t gotten the booster. hopefully if he tests positive they can pump him with monoclonal antibodies.

4 Likes

I am hearing good things about the monoclonal antibodies when administered quickly. So glad this is available now.

1 Like

same, so hopefully he will be okay.

1 Like

“Quickly” depends when he actually caught covid. From what I recall it was pretty quickly from when his covid was publicly announced (liked within 3-4 days?)

Mr. Meadows added about a week to that.

1 Like

yeah, but his covid was publicly announced a while after he tested positive. they lied. isn’t an accepted fact that his people lied?

That’s what I was alluding to.

1 Like

Back to the original question of the thread, we are having 10 people for supper on Saturday. Everyone is double vaxxed and I was ok mostly with it. But with. The uncertainty around the new strain, I’m loving the idea a lot less.
We are going ahead anyway, but… Not super comfortable.

I’m having supper Saturday with two people who will have just flown from CA. Also my son & DIL. Not too worried, but less sanguine than i was 8 days ago.

omicron detected in new york :grimacing: