How safe will you feel when vaccinated?

Also I think a couple of them are "get vaccinated or get tested weekly and wear a mask in the office, " which is still more lenient than my employer.

A coworker who lives with their parents just admitted that they’re not getting vaccinated because they already had COVID but now both their parents actively have COVID.

I’ll just keep working from home, thanks.

Interesting. That’s a lot more than what my employer is requiring. I wonder what actuarial employers are doing in general. Maybe I’ll start a poll.

1 Like

So, their parents who live with them have active covid but they haven’t caught it? Seems like their immunization is working.

Yup, they enacted some strict protocols about only one of the groups being in common areas at the same time and keeping windows open with fans blowing.

The coworker (~25 years old) is a bodybuilder who used to be in the gym ~5x a week, and he told me he was sleeping 12+ hours a day for over a week when he had COVID. I can’t figure out why he’s not being vaccinated but just dropped it, didn’t respond at all.

Yup.

My employer is requiring vaccination if you want to:

1. enter any office
  2. meet with client or vendor.
  3. meet with any agent
  4. meet with employees face to face for work purposes outside of the office.

I think there is a month or two to comply.

Employees who do not want to be vaccinated are allowed to continue working from home, but unable to attend work functions.

1 Like

same for us, but all the fun work events are cancelled or remote anyway due to covid, so who cares if i’m vaccinated in terms of work for the most part. :frowning: virtual holiday party AGAIN! sucks…

i’m hoping my department has our own holiday party, but not sure that’s going to be allowed.

1 Like

Also masks are currently required for vaccinated people in the office, except of you have your own enclosed office, then you can remove your mask while you are in the office alone.

Or something like that.

I was remote prior to this all, so none of it really impacts me.

1 Like

oh right, we require masks in common areas for everyone. not sure about cubicles though. we haven’t officially opened the office yet though. that’s not for a few months, and who knows if it will be delayed again.

1 Like

All my no vax friends who were lucky that didn’t get Covid yet are all pretty much getting it. I was exposed to two of the parties recently (church group and another friend group) so I am taking extra precautions for others again. I may as well go get tested.

2 Likes

this is one of the big reasons I got a vaccine. It wasnt required, but did I really want to have to either lie or defend my unvax status during client meetings? And almost every meeting for a year has started with covid chatter, so its not like ‘maybe it wont come up’. Also many of the client reps are 40, 50, or 60+. It would be terribly frowned upon for some guy in mid 30s to show up at these meetings unvaxxed. I could wear a mask the whole time, but I think I would only get a 1/2 point back for that. I’m trying to build relationships with these people, Im not letting something stupid like vaxx status upend my professionalism.

For me it was never about fear of illness. I did it because I worried about the very real social consequences of not doing it.

My company has not required the vaccine, but based on conversations I’d guess our vaccination rate is something like 90% (I work with healthcare providers, so there is a lot of support for vaccines). If you’re not vaccinated then you have to have a negative COVID test every 48 hours to be in the office and you have to be masked.

If you’re vaxxed then no testing and no mask. And I forget exactly, I want to say the unvaxxed are supposed to stay in groups of 10 or fewer people but for vaxxed there is no such rule.

ETA: my company requires that you provide proof of vaccination. Pics of the front/back of the vaccination card.

1 Like

Currently on a completely full southwest flight. Kinda terrified right now. I hope the impending covid is minor

And a dude in the row next to mine in the window seat took his mask off and put his head down. Fucker

I successfully flew to Seattle (cross country), played tourist with a friend for a few days, then came home. Tested 6 days straight and seem to have avoided COVID. Feeling pretty good about it.

3 Likes

I spent a couple of hours in a room with about a thousand other people today. The ceiling was very high, but we were crowded.

Hope my vaccine (and mask) do the job

3 Likes

Hope that was rapid or saliva test, I wouldn’t like getting the nose probe test every day.

The at home test — nose swipe for 5 second each side, then put it in a fluid for 1 minute, then put test strip in fluid for 10 minutes, and read lines. It’s supposedly 85% accurate when negative and 95% accurate when positive, so not great once, but doing it multiple times and getting 6 negatives seems pretty strong.

3 Likes

Man, I still feel like crap. I had a negative PCR test, but I’m still exhausted. Had a relatively normal Friday and Saturday and am completely sapped of energy today.

I wish I could get an at-home test, but everywhere here is sold out.

Get another PCR test.

And maybe check to see if your have the flu.

1 Like