House falls into river

video and story at the link:

What type of insurance would one need in order for this to be covered?

Most likely, flood insurance.


Some commenter in the comments section made a comment that “flood insurance covers a lot less than you think you jacksheeples!” I didn’t respond but figured he was just blowing smoke.

I’ve found that looking at the comments sections on news sites erodes one’s IQ.

I forget the details, but I do seem to recall that some of the criticisms of NFIP coverage is that it isn’t as comprehensive as it might be if it were a covered peril under standard homeowners coverage.


Sounds like flooding or earth movement to me


So flood insurance plus a gofundme.

1 Like