Home-baked cookie ranking poll

How did the house bake a cookie!!!

Also, triple-chocolate chip – that’s a chocolate cookie, with chocolate chips, with chocolate frosting – or GTFO.

Ah, but you left out the all important: Do you want your home-made (made yesterday) chocolate chip cookies to be crisp or gooey?

• crisp
  • gooey
  • they are all good

0 voters

Also, do you use real butter in your chocolate chip cookies?

• butter
  • I’m a heathen

0 voters

I admit the omission of a chocolate chocolate cookie was a failure.

College gf used to bake cookies with instant pudding in the mix. Those were nice and soft and awesome.

Gooey is a given. My feelings on crunchy brownie edges should make that clear. Household cookie baking specifications include baking just long enough to “give salmonella a tan.”

1 Like

I don’t care for underdone cookies. Oddly, I’m happy to eat raw cookie dough. But underdone cookies are kind of gross, and lack the delicious caramalized notes of proper chocolate chip cookies.

Agree. There is a perfect spot in the middle. Crumbly cookies make a mess, but the cookie should be stiff enough for me to hold less than half of it in my fingers and not to fall apart before it makes it to my mouth.

1 Like

Huh, I’ve never made a chocolate chip cookie that was “crumbly”. Too much flour?

Cooked too long, or the bottom burned.
Not all of us can be perfect like you!! (runs away sobbing…)

I suspect that whether the bottom burns depends more on the pan than on the cook.

Peanut butter = best

1 Like

Need those air insulated cookie sheets.

I keep thinking about these. Might need to search for a recipe.

I’m torn between peanut butter and chocolate chip. The poll says ‘baked,’ or I think the oatmeal no-bake things are my favorite. Which, now that I think about it, are those technically cookies? We always called them cookies but I don’t know.

“Biscuits,” old chap!

You can choose multiple. I didn’t want people to think too hard on a Friday.

If I type ‘oatmeal no bake’ into teh Google, it’s clear that they are considered cookies. Google is infallible.

1 Like

Yep, I chose two. All good!

I voted for 42 and a whole bunch of others, with one notable exception. :unamused:

1 Like

The no-bake cookies comment made me think of the haystack cookies my mom made when I was little. The premise of chocolate covered chow mein noodles sounds gross but they were good if kind of messy to eat.

1 Like

Shortbread cookie pan is one of the best kitchen buys I ever made. Mmm.

Followed by one of those sets for extruding butter cookies (which were excluded from the list, btw)

I probably make chocolate chip cookies the most, but shortbread and butter are better.