Want to make a tangible difference in the future of accountable care? Love applying the latest technologies and statistical models to solve tough problems? Looking for a fulfilling career that gives you autonomy, mastery and purpose?
We are a small team of data scientists, actuaries, programmers and healthcare economics experts who love what we do and wouldn’t trade it for the world. Join us!
Validate Health provides financial simulation, economic forecasts and actuarial risk management services for healthcare providers to thrive within the always evolving and complex value based care (VBC) models. Our mission is to enable provider accountable care organizations (ACOs) to focus on taking care of patients, while we take care of their highest impact strategic VBC decisions.
The Healthcare Actuary position is for healthcare focused actuaries who want to be at the forefront of provider payment reform and contract optimization. It provides excellent opportunities for professional growth in healthcare financial analytics and value based care.
This is a client-facing role, that leverages financial models and actuarial tools to enable our healthcare provider clients to optimize their portfolio of VBC programs. Use feedback from clients to update the long term product development roadmap.
Perform pricing, reserving and forecasting for Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial lines of business. Perform scenario modeling, forecasting and simulations on large datasets to simulate profitability.
Recognizing that applicants may find their way to us in various stages of their journey to becoming an actuary, we would like to encourage both aspiring and experienced actuaries alike to apply! We would be honored to work with more experienced actuaries as well as accompany the right candidates in their studies (think financial support and time off to study and take accreditation exams).
- BS or MS in math, economics, finance, actuarial science
- 2 or more Actuarial exams passed
- Actuarial or Finance Internship
- 3-5 Actuarial exams passed
- 2+ years experience in an Actuarial role
- Familiarity with SAS and/or SQL
- ASA, working toward FSA
- 6+ years experience in an Actuarial role
- Effective communication skills including facilitation, consultation, negotiation, and persuasion preferred.
- Experience with regulatory and policy analysis for ACO programs (MSSP, NGACO, REACH), Medicare Advantage (MA), or CMMI’s experimental models
- Experience performing statistical analyses using healthcare claims data and provider network data
- Experience in a client-facing role providing healthcare strategic consulting
- Experience with product management of technology-enabled services
- Fully remote team with an environment and company culture that’s optimized to provide a fulfilling work experience and career growth opportunities to every team member, regardless of location
- Fun, energetic, collaborative and rewarding learning environment with daily whiteboard sessions and weekly “deep thought” days
- Opportunity for continuous personal growth and development through research projects and agile experimentation mindset towards product development
- Profit sharing and quarterly performance bonuses
- Health coverage and 401K
- Financial support and time off to pursue actuarial exams and certifications.
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Send in your latest resume to careers@ValidateHealth.com.
- Write a note explaining your long-term career goals and what makes you particularly interested in Validate and this position specifically.
- Specify the date you’re available to start work, visa/citizenship status, and any sponsorship requirements. (Must be in the U.S. and available full-time within 2 months.)
- As of Jan 2023, our hiring process is improved to be more time efficient for candidates, where the best candidates can get an offer in under 2 weeks. Talk to you soon!
- Add “Healthcare Actuary + Level” to the subject line