Happy Thoughts

The wife would love that ring.

Not a single dolphin on that ring. For shame!

4 Likes

I just wanted to keep it simple. Nothing against dolphins :slight_smile:

It’s gonna be warm and sunny today, so Daddy’s gonna actuarialize on the deck this aft!!! :sunglasses:

High of about 59 near me so I think just slightly too cold to do the same :(, but looking at the weather Friday should be a great day for that…

Is this better?

2 Likes

Some more happy news today.

1. It appears my name change court case was closed with a ‘decree issued’. I didn’t have to meet with a judge, but I assume something will come in the mail soon that confirms my legal name matches my preferred name now.

2. I got to sign up for an ID.4 test drive. Looking for to that in June!

4 Likes

What are you changing it to?

Chesty La Rue?
Busty St. Claire?
Hootie McBoob?

Or maybe the name in my profile?

1 Like

Mine was a Simpsons joke.

1 Like

My BFF texted me last week. His company now has 1000 employees and he’s working on his 17th acquisition in the last 10 years or so. Everything’s coming up roses for the guy (granted, he’s very bright and skilled, so it’s not luck). I’m pretty sure his NW has now crossed $1billion. Good for him. Curious to see when he stops; I think he plans on going public at some point.
I’d think that that level of success changes someone, or that they display outward trappings of wealth. He’s done none of that.

4 Likes

There is always some luck involved in a company going big like that, but certainly can’t do it without skill

I asked him how many hours a week he works, cuz, 1000 employees. He works 37.5 per week, except the weeks he works less.
He’s also an engineering nerd but with a worldwide sales force. I consider myself expert level at marketing and sales and I had that conversation with him one day. Turns out he knows more than I do. When did that happen? (It happened when he took an engineering approach to sales, which is what I do).

I’ve known my BFF was smarter pretty much from the start. He skipped a grade and still valedictorian of our class, also a CEO of a growing company though I doubt they are anywhere near 1000 employees.

I just sold my first insurance policy 100% online! No discussion, no call, no zoom, no email. Someone browsed to a niche site I set up, click click click, buy. Woohoo! First of many.

Posted here because anyone I know IRL really isn’t impressed by this.

5 Likes

“Niche Site” — you are selling alien abduction insurance, aren’t you?

1 Like

Taking a 20 minute nap!!!

BDSM insurance?

I’m pulling consumers away from a really bad type of insurance and getting them to buy another, better type.
I paid $10K for the domain a year or two ago. People called me crazy!

1 Like