Happy new year everyone!

Happy new year

1 Like

:partying_face: :champagne: :party: :tada: :red_gift_envelope:

1 Like

Keep wanting to read this as “Happy Nude Year” . . .
:face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

The year of the ox - happy moo year!

1 Like

I’d be okay with that.

1 Like

Don’t ever change, JFG.

1 Like

Happy New Year!

I am roasting a duck in honor of the holiday. Also, because I love duck and it was a good excuse to defrost the duck in the freezer. Some years I’ve done duck with Chinese-style seasoning for lunar new year (5 spice powder, orange, maybe some soy sauce) but this year I’m going American with a wild rice and cranberry stuffing.

1 Like

imo it’s tradition for the Chinese to order Jewish food on lunar new year

1 Like

Mmmmmm latkes.

1 Like

:grinning:

Too bad most Jewish food sucks. I’d stick with Chinese food.

But we Jews do make good chicken soup. And I’m looking forward to the duck broth that’s brewing now.

1 Like

A Jewish man and a Chinese man were conversing. The Jewish man commented on what a wise people the Chinese are. “Yes, our culture is over 4,000 years old. But you Jews are a very wise people, too.” The Jewish man replied, “Yes, our culture is over 5,000 years old.” The Chinese man couldn’t believe it. “That’s impossible,” he replied. “Where did your people eat for a thousand years?”

1 Like

“In the wilderness with bread we picked up off the ground. A few years of that, and we were all quailing for something different.”

1 Like

I’ve been to a few kosher Chinese restaurants. The two best names were Cho-Sen (as in the Chosen People) and Met Su Yan (a pun on the Hebrew word for “Excellent”)

You know that there are three incompatible kinds of kosher food: milk, meat, and Chinese.