Gun Violence in America

I am guessing she did not stress strongly there was a good possibility there was a gun so the school officials were casual about the search. If I had a gun that was missing from my house and I thought my 6 year old had it, I would be frantically trying to track it down and would express my concerns forcefully to the school officials.

Will be interesting how this part of the story develops.

If that is the case then they f***ed up royally. They are supposed to take that stuff very seriously. I mean, kids get busted for chewing their sandwiches into the shape of a gun.

If they get a credible report of a possibility of a student with an actual real gun they should have done an extensive search.

Yes, school officials look pretty bad on this aspect.

We don’t even acknowledge this shit anymore.

1 Like

We do have a 1400+ thread about all these shootings, so post about it if you know about it. This is the Lunar New Year one?

What the hell is in his hat?? More ammo?

Lucy made a thread specific to the Lunar New Year one here. But no one has responded because, alas, there’s not much to be said that hasn’t already been said.

1 Like

until people’s own kids are being shot alive at school, things won’t change much

There are some people so entrenched in gun love that were their own kids shot at school, they would be advocating arming all school employees.

4 Likes

Yeah, my BIL’s son was shot and killed and it did nothing to change my BIL’s mind.

at least you get to say: “people like you are the reason your son is dead”

1 Like

So another one in California earlier, 2 in 3 days?

Half moon bay, 7 dead.

Washington was looking down on CA and feeling left out.

3 is no problemo in this day and age. No need for arrest or prosecute

Report back when death count > 10 imo

registers too low for “thoughts and prayers” too.

We’re higher than Somalia, holy ####

2 Likes

Yes, although it would be interesting to see side-by-side with “violent deaths”.

I assume that “violent gun deaths” as a percent of “violent deaths” is a lot higher for us given the prevalence of guns. So if it were “violent deaths” rather than “violent gun deaths” I expect we’d still look pretty bad, but maybe not quite as bad.

What is this supposed to mean? It’s simply gun deaths per 100,000 people

Lol. So… we should get rid of guns?

Or more gun deaths is … ok?

I suppose you just mean that more gun deaths is just to be expected? Ho hum.

1 Like

My local.bews just showed a segment ln how to stop bleeding in a bictom of, say, a gonshot wound. This just after a story AT the Monterey Park vigil.

I don’t understand your question. Was your question directed at me? I thought my post was clear. Not all violent deaths are gun deaths.

(I assume all gun deaths are violent gun deaths as I have no idea what a non-violent gun death would look like. Assisted suicide maybe???)