GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAM

Exam will be administered on 10 NOV 2020.

THERE SHOULD BE NO DISCUSSION ABOUT THE EXAM OR THE TOPICS THAT MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN ON IT.

Violations of the above will result in having your posting privileges suspended for a time.

After 6am EST on 11 NOV 2020, you may discuss your feelings about the exam and the topics you found on it. HOWEVER, the CAS has asked that you not share/discuss the actual items. So while discussion around the answers others came up with, nothing should be posted that alludes to what the actual question/problem actually entails. Doing so may result in undesired consequences from the CAS.

So you’re saying we can discuss answers but not questions

So long as the question actually asked explicitly stated nor inferred.

If in doubt, don’t do it.

but saying “I got 43 for answer #6” doesn’t say anything as to what #6 was. Someone else saying “I got 52 for that problem” has the same effect.

But saying “I assumed that the trend for premium was 3%” and the other saying “the problem stated that the premium trend was 5%” might be giving something away that the CAS may not like.

Note: we don’t agree with the policy that the CAS has put out and will look to influence a better policy on their part (the moderators have some CAS folks that they know well and can help with this).

However, during the time that the Exam is being administered, we are honoring the request to moderate on ANY discussion on the Exam (note: you can still express your feelings about it, though; that part won’t change).

1 Like