GH-Specialty Spring 2022

That’s my approach as well. I’ll be going through old tests/rereading the sections of the MATE outline if I don’t remember details very well. I feel like my flash card approach is basically the Ludovico Technique. I just slam through them all nearly every night. Worked well enough to get me through the other two.

Yep similar here too. Hoping to have the MATE cards 100% memorized by end of day Friday, then going to use Anki to refresh throughout the week. Going to go through TIA cards to cover any gaps. Watch the TIA videos one more time through. Read the source material that is new to the syllabus (figure good chance that it might be tested). Do the MATE problems again. Any leftover time I might spend on source reading/past exams. Feeling much better about the exam this time, easier the second time around, hopefully it will be the last.

Good luck! If you take your own notes this is the time to be studying your own notes. That’s what I did in last days before an exam. It’s a strategy of doubling down on your strengths. Things you know- make sure you really know. Last few days is too late for focusing on weaknesses (if any).

Yes, it’s all about context. You can organize practice problems and past exam problem by topic as well!

1 Like

Good luck this week everyone! You got this!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I just got a cancellation email from Prometric and have to find another center. FML. God I hope the website isn’t a hard rule about rescheduling exams so close to the test date.

Just got a new appointment confirmation email from Prometric with an exam date of 5/17. Sure would have been nice to sleep through all of this.

My exam also got moved to 5/17 by Prometric.

Is this happening in just select areas or all over?

It might be for select locations. I checked the prometric closure list (Prometric Test Center Closures | Prometric) and my location is marked for closure on the 13th.

Oh man, that’s horrible! I’m so sorry!

I guess we aren’t going to be able to discuss the exam here for quite a while.

1 Like

I talked to customer service who asked me to send the email confirmation to soaexams@soa.org. Best of luck to everyone taking the exam tomorrow and those of us with the delay.

1 Like

Update: Prometric called and said the SOA was allowing people to take the test through 5/16. Just got a new confirmation for 9 AM.

Wow, that’s the first time I’ve heard of an FSA exam “window” instead of one set date, though it sounds like you don’t really get to choose the date you take it.

I know they had to be flexible for some people due to issues in the first sitting or two. I assume they said “only Monday is allowed” because of the weekend interfering (or maybe because we’re at the end of the FSA window?).

Should we assume today was the last day the exam was offered or should we remain silent until results day? :grimacing:

I would give it 1 more day. It sounds like the SOA said all exams have to be done by 5/16, right? So talking tomorrow should be fine.

There’s a few still taking it tomorrow because there wasn’t space. So we should wait until Wednesday.

3 Likes

Think we’re safe to discuss yet?

We should be good to talk about the exam now, so what are everyone’s thoughts?