Gender neutral bathrooms

Say you go to a work related event. All washrooms are posted as gender neutral. What’s your opinion on that practice?

First poll, I think it should anonymous.

• Good idea
  • I don’t care either way
  • Bad idea

0 voters

I don’t care. A few places around here have them. They are very private. The stalls are little rooms with full doors and they play loud music presumably on purpose. Outside the rooms are community sinks to wash your hands. What’s the big deal?

Idk but my husband thinks it’s a big deal. He hates going places that have them. Refuses to go places if he knows they have them. :rofl: :tipping_hand_woman:

1 Like

My wife and I have only gender-neutral bathrooms in our house, but YMMV. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don’t get me started :rofl:

1 Like

I went to see Ani DiFranco at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC in the late 90s. So out of the 3,000 or so people in attendance, there were probably 100 men. Which led to momentous lines for the women’s room which led some of the more militant women to commandeer the men’s room. Not taking it over per se, but making it clear that it was a safe space for women. While I was in there, security came in, looking to kick the women out, but myself and the two or three other men in there at the time told them it was cool, so they backed off. I have zero problem with gender-neutral bathrooms; it can seem odd when I encounter one, but that’s more due to the novelty of it than any objection that I may have.

1 Like

In grad school, our dorm floor used co-ed bathrooms. That meant not just for toilet stalls but also for shower stalls. Nobody seemed concerned.

In busy locations, I think all bathrooms should be gender neutral. In areas which are very secluded and safety could be a real concern, that’s also a gender neutral concern and bathrooms should probably be single-person like many locations already use.

1 Like

Out of respect for his wife, Mike Pence refuses to go into a room where a woman has been naked.

1 Like

In college, my dorm was set up with 7 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, each of which had one of each fixture. As there was one guy and six girls, we decided the restrooms would be gender-neutral. (In practice, the 3 people who left a lot of makeup and crap in the bathroom shared one, and the rest of us shared the other.) I can’t recall it every being a problem. I think we knocked, although both the toilet had a door and the shower had an opaque curtain, so it wasn’t a huge deal if someone walked in by mistake when the facilities were in use.

1 Like

There are public restrooms that I’m afraid to use. Like at bus stations and train stations. I would be more comfortable if they were gender-neutral, because I could ask a guy I know (like my husband, who often travels with me) to accompany me.

1 Like

We had gender neutral bathrooms in my college dorm back in the 1980’s. It was no big deal.

1 Like

awww yeah…

1 Like