Fusion

:rofl:

2 Likes

They sure do complain a lot though.

Itā€™s both funny and surprising in that we are almost surely not actually done paying for the Spanish American War.

We didnā€™t finish paying for the Civil War until two years ago this past Friday (December 16, 2020 when the last widow died.

I heard from a podcast that when the UK ended slavery, it was essentially a buy back program. The government had to essentially pay the slave owners off, and in doing so, incurred a significant amount of debt that theyā€™re either still paying off to this day or was paid off not that long ago.

Imagine if you learn that your tax dollars are going to slave owners.

I mean itā€™s not a horrible idea given the times they were in. If they hadnā€™t done that slavery would have surely lasted longer in the UK empire.

So your tax dollars goes towards ending slavery earlier than it would have ended.

Sounds like actuarial job security to me!

now onto gunsā€¦

Are you talking about a gun buyback program?

Itā€™s not very effective because itā€™s voluntary :frowning:

Iā€™d love if we could pay some $$ as a country and just abolish privately owned handguns thoughā€¦

One would imagine that giving up guns would be easier than giving up slavesā€¦

You should come meet my family. ā€˜Shall not be infringedā€™ is perhaps the only part of the constitution they can recite.

1 Like

I dunno, we have a lot more guns now than they had slaves

Guns also donā€™t have human rights and that whole moral side

Also, I donā€™t know if a war between people who love guns and people who hate guns would be entirely fair.

3 Likes

yup, people who hate guns are far more intelligent and would easily find victory over the dummies

There should be a randomly generated chess puzzle on each gun to unlock it!

1 Like

Rhett Butler: I mean, Mr. Hamilton, thereā€™s not a cannon factory in the whole South.

Man: What difference does that make, sir, to a gentleman?

Rhett Butler: Iā€™m afraid itā€™s going to make a great deal of difference to a great many gentlemen, sir.

1 Like

i was actually thinking about that scene

1 Like

I think a good portion of people who want guns gone actually have guns. Theyā€™d probably feel less need to own a gun if they know nobody else owns one.

Thatā€™s how I felt when I lived in Asia.