Funny and SFW

Go celebrate JPII Feast Day.

My take away is that meep and I have very different senses of humour.

Ok. I want in. Someone help me out.

By definition thatā€™s not funny at all.

1 Like

Kindly let us in on the joke.

Iā€™m still waiting to hear back on my guess. Love the avatar!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Indy the Cybernetic Wallaby poisoned the punch and thatā€™s why no one wants it!!!

no soap, radio

already did!

yes, indeed

1 Like

That was what I tried to tell him. And then I started to think a little more and realized that the 21st week of the year, assuming 7 day weeks as normal, would have been in May, no?

1 Like

Some jokes just donā€™t have a punch line . . .

4 Likes

I donā€™t disagree with you.

I just have a job where using pedantic detail in my calculations helps determine whether or not my company makes money on deals.

I have a hard time, in the real world, of determining when I am being unnecessarily pedantic or legitimately helpful in recognizing nuanced details.

3 Likes

All pedanticism is unnecessary, IMO. If someone else is wrong, just let them be wrong! Youā€™re not going to change their mind anyway, even if you are correct that it was West-northwest instead of North-northwest. Nobody gives even remotely as much of a shit as most actuaries do about being precise.

As for the work situation: honestly, your company is going to make money on the deals regardless of whether actuaries get pedantic. Actuarial analyses generally tend to move the estimates of ROI from something like 8% +/- 2% to 7.636% +/- 0.6136927%.

I mean, have you seen the tables for VM-22 calculations of future valuation interest rates?

Rounded to hundredths of a basis point. Ugh.

This is even worse:

Please understand this is not an attack on you, @DeepPurple. Itā€™s a critique of a mindset pervasive within the industry that, frankly, I donā€™t think does us any good.

1 Like

Precise? Or accurate?

Iā€™m just too lazy to look up the difference.

ladder:

Summary

Okay, I got the one with the ladder on the tower by recognizing that in the early panels, the flag is sticking perpendicular to the ā€œwallā€. Thus, the ladder can lean up against it and the marauders have access. In the later panels, the dood has rotated the orientation of the wall by sticking the flag in perpendicular again, but perpendicular to a 90-degree different orientation. Now, the ladder isnā€™t leaning against that wall any longer, so it falls.

fancy restaurant:

Summary

I have no clue.

Obsessed with precision. Incapable of Accuracy.

1 Like

You must be on the SOA Slogan Development Committeeā€™s steering committee!

3 Likes

Toto, Iā€™ve a feeling weā€™re not in P&C anymore